- Performance has exceeded expectations. 3D games run at full 1920x1200 with very acceptable frame rates. Visual studio 2010 Ultimate is very usable.
- No active cooling is required in the current case (or table top). Idle temps are in the upper 50s.
- Power draw is 34 watts at the desktop and 2 watts in standby.
- When connecting my Samsung SyncMaster T240HD to HDMI, the monitor is seen as "Generic". This degrades text quality to unacceptable levels. I can't find a workaround. However, when connecting the same monitor with DVI, the monitor model is properly recognized and text is very sharp. Unusable HDMI kills my multi-monitor setup and my audio solution. Serious *ouch* on this one. Anyone else seeing issues with monitor recognition when connecting thru HDMI?
- Windows update wants to update the SATA driver with "Accusys Inc. - Storage - ACS-6xxx". Don't do it! This will give you a broken item in Device Manager. Hide this update.
- When unprivileged users log in, they are prompted to elevate to run the asloader.exe program. Lame. For a workaround, see the answer by TheEvidence at http://superuser.com/questions/88246/wha...n-elevated
The power connector is ATX 2.x. This is 24 pins and is NOT the same as the ATX 1.x 20+4 pin connector. Even though my Tornado is the 20+4 style, I just plugged in the 20-pin connector and it works fine.
Everyone keep your case lessons coming. Active cooling is obviously required in a small case, but that doesn't mean that it can't be effectively inaudible.