• 35(current)
HTPC build with new ASUS AT5IONT-I
This board plays HD video fine. If it isn't working, then it hasn't been set up correctly.

I would not count on being able to play any (recent) games on this. The Atom processor is designed for power efficiency and low heat output, not brute force. The GT210 is also significantly lower performance than an 8800GTX. It will play HD video fine, but isn't suited for 3D gaming. Not to mention the low quality link between the GPU and the CPU.

If you're looking for something to play movies and TV, with some web browsing or office use, this is a good board. If you want to game, I suggest you find something else.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
And what if i'd go with AMD instead of Intel ? would i have better performance in Starcraft2 ?

AMD E-350 looks good with the integrated Radeon HD 6310 graphics.... I have read reviews saying the CPU is better and it also has better communication between GPU and CPU

http://www.yugatech.com/blog/personal-co...more-20128

However, i am scared that AMD will run hotter than Intel...
No, this is still a 'netbook' CPU. You will need something with considerably more grunt to run the latest games.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

I have been recommended Fusion A6-A8 processors

Apparently it runs very cool and will be able to run Starcraft2 with its integrated Radeon HD 6530D graphics. Can anyone confirm ?
anarchoi Wrote:I have been recommended Fusion A6-A8 processors

Apparently it runs very cool and will be able to run Starcraft2 with its integrated Radeon HD 6530D graphics. Can anyone confirm ?

I can't confirm it personally, but that range is a full power CPU + GPU combo, equivalent to intels best core processors, only with better graphics, so don't see why it wouldn't play games.
cant say honestly but,
overall, the $140 AMD Llano A8-3850 has an unbeatable price/performance ratio!
I had this crazy problem with this motherboard where every now and then it would send the ethernet card into "deep sleep", this makes the ethernet card COMPLETELY DISSAPPEAR from lspci and Windows 7 device manager.

The temporary fix is to turn off the power for 15 seconds, but the permanent fix (not tested yet):

1 - Downloaded current driver from :
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/down...Down=false
2 - Unpacked on the Desktop
3 - $ sudo mv r8168-8.004.00 /usr/src
4 - $ cd /usr/src/r8168-8.004.00
5 - $ sudo make clean modules
6 - $ sudo make install
7 - $ sudo depmod -a
8 - $ sudo insmod ./src/r8168.ko
9 - $ lsmod -a | grep 8186 #just to check it was there
10 - $ cd /etc/modprobe.d
11 - $ sudo touch blacklist-network
12 - $ vi blacklist-network # add "blacklist r8169" to the file
13 - $ sudo update-initramfs -u #to make the change permanent
14 - reboot
15 - ethtool -i eth0 #to see new driver assigned

Cheers to the original author:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=4...stcount=13
I was thinking of buying this AT5IONT-i ,
can i wake it up with my mceusb ? (if its supsended)
This AT5IONT is quite old now. When is the follower coming? Hopefully without the atom 45nm shit. I'm waiting for some integrated passive low profile sandy bridge i3-2100T package. Would be awesome.
Quote:This AT5IONT is quite old now. When is the follower coming? Hopefully without the atom 45nm shit. I'm waiting for some integrated passive low profile sandy bridge i3-2100T packag
The AT series is a low power embedded product. The follower to the AT5ION will come when there's a new atom chip out.

The i3-2100T is a totally different product, double the price and triple the heat.

I couldn't get the AT5ION to play HD reliably without adding a FAN (albeit 1000 RPM). Good luck sticking an i3 in something similar.

If you want more performance than the Atom in an embedded type board then there is a newer board out from ASUS based on AMDs Fusion chip - the E35M or E45M series. Has allot more juice and ASUS claim fanless for the entry level E35M1-I

@ 18W for the E350 vs 19W for the ATOM, when you consider that the E350 chip includes radeon graphics so you don't also have to add the power and heat of the nvidia graphic chip, then i might just believe it would work fanless.
Just upgrade question....
Nowadays I am using RAM Kingston KVR1333D3S9/2G but want to upgrade to 4GB.
The easiest way is to buy second one same RAM module, but, I want to upgrade another laptop where the same RAM module should be used (so I have to buy 2 modules)

So question - will in ASUS AT5IONT-I work RAM module Kingston KVR1333D3S9/4G?? Huh

Then I will just buy one module of 4GB and pass 2GB module to laptop, instead of buying 2x 2GB RAM modules (which are more expensive than 1x 4GB module).
slamka Wrote:will in ASUS AT5IONT-I work RAM module Kingston KVR1333D3S9/4G?

The manual says the maximum size for any single RAM module is 2GB. Given this board's history with RAM, I would suggest you stick to this limit.

But list of supported RAM modules says that 8GB (2x4GB) from GEIL manufacturer can be used and cited small letters "When installing total memory of 4GB or more, Windows 32-bit OS may recognize..."...

Did anybody tried to use single 4GB RAM?
And will 4GB be better performance with XBMC?
Sometimes I can see on my television small stuttering (cca every 2s) when playing HD video.. Sometimes not.. I really dont know what is causing this..
Hrm, ok then.

If you're on Windows, then the extra RAM might help. I'm afraid I don't know if those sticks will work or not.

I am running XBMC full instalation on HDD.
(due to Android remote control, so I do not need any keyboard or mouse Nod )

Ok, thanks for the info, I will rather buy 2x2GB RAM.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC build with new ASUS AT5IONT-I2