• 5(current)
HTPC build with new ASUS AT5IONT-I
Hi guys,

while waiting for the ordered parts, I made a blog to share my first htpc (build) experiences. You can find it here http://htpcbuild.wordpress.com/
Feel very free to post a few comments there, to start it up and give it some life if you know what I mean :-p

Case should arrive today, the rest probably tomorrow.

Cheers. TripKip
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Nice work - look forward to read your results.!
sb206 Wrote:At first ....sorry for my english.

Why you think there is a problem with the s0-dimm ? Look in the datashet on the asus Site. There are testet rams. For example a Kinkston 1024 mb ram with 8x128 mb. Asus says it works. And this ram cost only 28,00 EUR in Germany !!!

I have read this sentence :"This motherboard does not support DIMMs made up of 256 megabit chips or less".

I think they mean something different. I got the board yesterday and try it out. I will tell what happens Laugh

1024 dimms are NOT the problem, it is 2048 dimms that are.

I was told by support that this should work:

Kingston KVR1333D3S9/2G , CL9, 1.5V, 256Mx64, 204pin (PC10600)

I will buy it and let you know. It is not so expensive, only about 50 dollars.
oleroc Wrote:1024 dimms are NOT the problem, it is 2048 dimms that are.

By ASUS support?
Looking forward to see how the board operates. Good luck with the build, and post many screens of the setup when building and when done.

Many thanks Wink
If you want instant updates when I've added a new post, follow me on twitter (@DancyTripkip) you will get instant notification that way.
So....i have plugt in 2 x Kingston 1024 ram and it is all fine !!!!Laugh
Not interesting.
Only if it had been 2x2GB, 1x4GB or 1x2GB other that HYNIX DS HMT325S6BFR8C-H9.
oleroc Wrote:1024 dimms are NOT the problem, it is 2048 dimms that are.

Must be my lucky day if those work! i bought these exact ram about a month ago for this exact motherboard - ram still unopened.

Will wait with opening them until you confirm if they work tho Big Grin still waiting for the deluxe version!
UPDATE: Case has arrived http://htpcbuild.wordpress.com/
tripkip Wrote:By ASUS support?

No, my suppliers support. They say they are identical to the ones on the QVL list. I asked if they could test, but they said they didn't open motherboards to test ram, so I ordered 6x2GB, so we'll see.

I build my htpc with the sonay case btw. Very nice case.
Have you guys heard that the AT5IONT-I has avived on Newegg. wahoo! $179.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813131663

It will be tough but i think i will hold out for the deluxe version . hope they sell it soon.

anyone else going to hold out?
SireFoss Wrote:Have you guys heard that the AT5IONT-I has avived on Newegg. wahoo! $179.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813131663

It will be tough but i think i will hold out for the deluxe version . hope they sell it soon.

anyone else going to hold out?

Don't see why. Wifi is not fast enough for serious htpc, bluetooth dongle kan be used with the ordinary board, and the case has a built in power supply, and the remote is IR, so no, the premium is not necessary. I've already bought 3 of the regular one, and waiting for the ram to arrive.
oleroc Wrote:Don't see why. Wifi is not fast enough for serious htpc, bluetooth dongle kan be used with the ordinary board, and the case has a built in power supply, and the remote is IR, so no, the premium is not necessary. I've already bought 3 of the regular one, and waiting for the ram to arrive.

Exactly...

Ps: I'm really hopin everything arrives today so I can start putting al things together.
But is there any power supply that are silent and fits into a small case?
The two reasons I choose to wait for Deluxe is for the completly silent power supply and the option to a smaller case like EM-154B.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC build with new ASUS AT5IONT-I2