• 2(current)
HTPC build with new ASUS AT5IONT-I
Robotica Wrote:Great setup! I am looking forward to your review.

Some questions:
- Why did you switch to the Kingston SSD since write speeds are worse? Just since the price is better?
- The case looks a great deal for €40! 150W seems a little overkill to me.

I switched to Kingston because I read a topic from a guy who had troubles installing xbmc live on his onyx, so it scared me a little because he couldn't get it done, second reason, if you dismantle the kingston ssd, it is very very small and therefore it means more room in the case for airflow.

I was thinking 60W is maybe to little, 150W is probably to much, but hey the case looks awesome Cool
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Kingston SNV125-S2/30GB is the one mentioned, I guess. Dismantling? Hopefully that is not necessary.....

Asus AT5IONT-I has no external power brick untill the Deluxe model arrives in july, wich has an external AC power supply, WiFi and Bluetooth. So no PSU needed.
Robotica Wrote:Kingston SNV125-S2/30GB is the one mentioned, I guess. Dismantling? Hopefully that is not necessary.....

Asus AT5IONT-I has no external power brick untill the Deluxe model arrives in july, wich has an external AC power supply, WiFi and Bluetooth. So no PSU needed.

Haha are you serious, its august.
But I couldn't wait for deluxe + it will be a lot more expensive.
haha.. copy/paste problems.

But for the heat it might be useful to have an external power supply. Especially if you bother to dismantle to SSD for airflow reasons...

But as far as I know, prices of the Deluxe version aren't yet available. Analogue to Asus AT3IONT-I it's probably 30-35% more expensive.
tripkip Wrote:The case has a fan on the side, i'll do temperature tests with and without the fan Nod

looking forward to the results.
Robotica Wrote:Kingston SNV125-S2/30GB is the one mentioned, I guess. Dismantling? Hopefully that is not necessary.....

If all your looking for is the external powerbrick (which i am) this should work

http://www.mini-box.com/M350-enclosure-w...0W-adapter

at least i hope so...would so like to go passive.
it's dead-ugly but it's a good backup plan since functionality and price are ok. I like the VESA mount option.
ampersand Wrote:If all your looking for is the external powerbrick (which i am) this should work

http://www.mini-box.com/M350-enclosure-w...0W-adapter

at least i hope so...would so like to go passive.

I'm interested in using this exact case. Not sure if I want to wait for the deluxe version though. How is the bluetooth and wifi integrated in the deluxe version? Is it possible to add it in afterward to the non-deluxe version in the same way as the deluxe version? I know this sounds silly. I don't really need these for my installation, but in case, I'd like to be able to upgrade my machine without adding additional devices to my usb ports. Big Grin
Can't help you with that but the power-solution is a huge plus for me. Maybe tripkip testresults shows that having a PSU inside the case is no problem at all.
tripkip Wrote:The case has a fan on the side, i'll do temperature tests with and without the fan Nod

I am also interested in the results from running passive. Seeing the heatsink on this thing stopped me from pulling the trigger on the AT3IONT-I, which I've seen some issues with heat when running passively.

Keep us posted!! Big Grin
The case will probably shop tomorrow. From Germany to Belgium, could take à couple of days. I will definitely share the results with you guys.
This is the best review I have found for small SSD's: http://www.anandtech.com/show/3756/2010-...on-intel/2
tripkip Wrote:Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3S9/2G
That RAM is not in QVL for AT5IONT-I and will probably not work.
Can you please report here if it do work with that memory, please?
Rolle2000 Wrote:That RAM is not in QVL for AT5IONT-I and will probably not work.
Can you please report here if it do work with that memory, please?

Does it really matter that much? i thought if its DDR3 SODIMM then it would be ok... Oo
polkaroo Wrote:How is the bluetooth and wifi integrated in the deluxe version? Is it possible to add it in afterward to the non-deluxe version in the same way as the deluxe version? I know this sounds silly. I don't really need these for my installation, but in case, I'd like to be able to upgrade my machine without adding additional devices to my usb ports. Big Grin

The Deluxe has a PCI-Mini slot which the standard version of the board does not have. This slot is used for a WiFi card on the deluxe so it's not possible to upgrade the standard version with WiFi in the same way that the deluxe has. I believe Bluetooth is just a little module plugged in to a USB port on the back but I could be mistaken. You could always find a 1x PCIe card and go that route if you need to upgrade but then you really need to think about your case .
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC build with new ASUS AT5IONT-I2