• 3(current)
HTPC build with new ASUS AT5IONT-I
tripkip Wrote:Because (for what i've learned about xbmc so far) it runs smoother/faste on xbmc live,
faster bootups thats for sure. I have not tested it.

I'd be interested in your results when you actually test this. I'm not too familiar with XBMC Live but (and correct me if I'm wrong) I believe it runs on Linux. I've heard that NVIDIA plans on offering 0 Linux drivers for the ION 2 which mean you'll be using Intel's on-chip graphics and you may as well buy an ION2-less motherboard to save yourself money.

But please, when you get results, let us know if it is smoother on XBMC Live vs Win 7. If it is, that would really change my mind about some things.
nijaju Wrote:I'd be interested in your results when you actually test this. I'm not too familiar with XBMC Live but (and correct me if I'm wrong) I believe it runs on Linux. I've heard that NVIDIA plans on offering 0 Linux drivers for the ION 2 which mean you'll be using Intel's on-chip graphics and you may as well buy an ION2-less motherboard to save yourself money.

But please, when you get results, let us know if it is smoother on XBMC Live vs Win 7. If it is, that would really change my mind about some things.

I will do XBMC Live vs Win 7 + XBMC performance comparison.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
I changed the memory, ordered 2 x Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3S9/1G now.

But don't you think it is f°cked up, the only 2GB memory on the QVL is Hynix's HMT325S6BFR8C-H9, problem is i can't find it anywhere !!

Originially I wanted to go with one 2gb memory, and eventually put in another to get 4gb's of memory. Guess that's not possible.
tripkip Wrote:Does it really matter that much? i thought if its DDR3 SODIMM then it would be ok... Oo

I hope i'm wrong but...

Users reports (swedish forum) that they have tried those four memory and it doesn't work.

Corsair 2048MB DDR3 PC3-8500 1066MHz SO-DIMM (CM3X2GSD1066)
Kingston 4096MB DDR3 PC3-8500 1066MHz SO-DIMM (KTA-MB1066K2/4G) (2x2048MB)
Kingston 2048MB DDR3 PC3-8500 1066MHz SO-DIMM (KVR1066D3S7/2G)
OCZ 4096MB DDR3 PC3-10666 1333MHz SO-DIMM (OCZ3M13334GK) (2x2048MB)

I have bought 2x1GB of Kingtiger 1GB IDSH1G-04A1F1C-10F. (from QVL list)
Rolle2000 Wrote:I hope i'm wrong but...

Users reports (swedish forum) that they have tried those four memory and it doesn't work.

Corsair 2048MB DDR3 PC3-8500 1066MHz SO-DIMM (CM3X2GSD1066)
Kingston 4096MB DDR3 PC3-8500 1066MHz SO-DIMM (KTA-MB1066K2/4G) (2x2048MB)
Kingston 2048MB DDR3 PC3-8500 1066MHz SO-DIMM (KVR1066D3S7/2G)
OCZ 4096MB DDR3 PC3-10666 1333MHz SO-DIMM (OCZ3M13334GK) (2x2048MB)

I have bought 2x1GB of Kingtiger 1GB IDSH1G-04A1F1C-10F. (from QVL list)

In that case, you've saved my life Big Grin thank you.
I've been able to change my order right on time.

Could you give me the link to that forum please? (This one I guess http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/102-htp...at5iont-i/)
So you have a AT5IONT-I yourself then?
nijaju Wrote:(and correct me if I'm wrong) I believe it runs on Linux. I've heard that NVIDIA plans on offering 0 Linux drivers for the ION 2

you stand corrected, sire. would be interesting to know where exactly you "heard" of this. nvidia never made a difference between Ion and Ion2 software-wise, all new drivers work on both platforms (win&linux) for both generations of Ion and of course support all GPU-features including VDPAU.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I am planning to buy a RF-remote control with this board. There is a bundled remote (at least in the Deluxe version) but it's IR. I don't like external solutions for this. Anyone know the way to accomplish this? Internal USB receiver? PCI-x card?
No idea, i'm going to use my iPhone as a wifi xbmc remote at first.
tripkip Wrote:Could you give me the link to that forum please? (This one I guess http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/102-htp...at5iont-i/)
Correct! :-)
tripkip Wrote:So you have a AT5IONT-I yourself then?
Yes. I bought RAM memory yesterday and the motherboard today.

I have not unpacked anything yet. AT5IONT-I do have WiFi, right?
I consider this case: Ace Sonay
Yes it does, i think there is no antenna included though.
tripkip Wrote:Could you give me the link to that forum please? (This one I guess http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/102-htp...at5iont-i/)

Is there an English translated version of this forum?
SireFoss Wrote:Is there an English translated version of this forum?

google translate
tripkip Wrote:google translate

Ah. Of course. Didn't realize it could do the entire page via entering the URL.
Rolle2000 Wrote:Correct! :-)
Yes. I bought RAM memory yesterday and the motherboard today.

I have not unpacked anything yet. AT5IONT-I do have WiFi, right?
I consider this case: Ace Sonay

I'm quite certain that only the Deluxe has WiFi. I've only been looking at pictures and specs and manuals though. Perhaps someone who has one in their hands could provide conclusive evidence.
Hannes The Hun Wrote:you stand corrected, sire. would be interesting to know where exactly you "heard" of this. nvidia never made a difference between Ion and Ion2 software-wise, all new drivers work on both platforms (win&linux) for both generations of Ion and of course support all GPU-features including VDPAU.

Ah...a little digging around and you're right (which I'm happy about). What it doesn't support in Linux is the Optimus technology but that doesn't really affect us net-top people anyways. Here's an article which talks a little bit about it.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC build with new ASUS AT5IONT-I2