Installing Samba 3.0.28 on Mac OS X 10.6.2
again, "ls -l /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk" ? is it there ?
Hello Davilla,

I do have MacOSX10.4u.SDK installed and out put of the above command is like this

total 8
drwxr-xr-x 4 root wheel 136 May 16 2009 Developer
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 21 15:59 Library
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 899 Sep 30 2009 SDKSettings.plist
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 May 16 2009 System
drwxr-xr-x 8 root wheel 272 May 16 2009 usr

Thanks,
ok, lets get a verbose error message.

sudo port -v install pcre +universal
below is the error got on executing, sudo port -v install pcre +universal.

[[[---> Building bzip2
rm -f libbz2.dylib
/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -dynamiclib blocksort.o huffman.o crctable.o randtable.o compress.o decompress.o bzlib.o -o libbz2.1.0.5.dylib \
-install_name /opt/local/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib \
-compatibility_version 1.0 -current_version 1.0.5
ld: library not found for -ldylib1.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libbz2.dylib] Error 1
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_xbmc-port-depends-read-only_dports_archivers_bzip2/work/bzip2-1.0.5" && make all PREFIX="/opt/local" " returned error 2
Command output: rm -f libbz2.dylib
/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -dynamiclib blocksort.o huffman.o crctable.o randtable.o compress.o decompress.o bzlib.o -o libbz2.1.0.5.dylib \
-install_name /opt/local/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib \
-compatibility_version 1.0 -current_version 1.0.5
ld: library not found for -ldylib1.o
make: *** [libbz2.dylib] Error 1

Warning: the following items did not execute (for bzip2): org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: bzip2 ncurses ncursesw readline zlib
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.]]]
let's find dylib1.o

"sudo find / -name dylib1.o"
Hello Davilla,

Out put of sudo find / -name dylib1.o is as below. Which suggests that Mac 10.4u.SDK is not installed but I have installed it and folder can be seen in Developer's directory.

find: /dev/fd/3: Not a directory
find: /dev/fd/4: Not a directory
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/usr/lib/dylib1.o
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/usr/lib/dylib1.o
/usr/lib/dylib1.o

Thanks,
wohhh, there cowboy. too much info and changes. you go me confused now.

macports need to be set to build i386 and not both. +universal means more than just i386/ppc and you want to get that too but not build ppc when on intel platform.

before you had a problem with MacOSX10.4u.sdk and no dylib1.o, now it's there. what did you do. The SDK much be installed with the pkg installer, not dragged over. There are pre and post flight scripts that run.

This smells like the 10.4SDK is not installed correctly.
Hello Davilla,

Sorry for confusing, I have uninstalled Xcode by logging in /Developer/Library diretory and performed following command (sudo ./uninstall-devtools). then I have reinstalled Xcode with .dmg file downloaded form Apple site. The version of Xcode is xcode_3.2.4.

Is there any thing that is missing which I forgot to performed.

Thanks,
jinith Wrote:Hello Davilla,

Sorry for confusing, I have uninstalled Xcode by logging in /Developer/Library diretory and performed following command (sudo ./uninstall-devtools). then I have reinstalled Xcode with .dmg file downloaded form Apple site. The version of Xcode is xcode_3.2.4.

Is there any thing that is missing which I forgot to performed.

Thanks,

And that fixed the missing "/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/dylib1.o" ?

Check the symlinks to /usr/bin/gcc* , the reinstall of xcode might have reverted your changes.
Hello Davilla,

Output of gcc -v is
[[[
Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-apple-darwin10
Configured with: /var/tmp/gcc/gcc-5664~101/src/configure --disable-checking --enable-werror --prefix=/usr --mandir=/share/man --enable-languages=c,objc,c++,obj-c++ --program-transform-name=/^[cg][^.-]*$/s/$/-4.2/ --with-slibdir=/usr/lib --build=i686-apple-darwin10 --program-prefix=i686-apple-darwin10- --host=x86_64-apple-darwin10 --target=i686-apple-darwin10 --with-gxx-include-dir=/include/c++/4.2.1
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5664)
]]]

Thanks,
jinith Wrote:Hello Davilla,

Output of gcc -v is
[[[
Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-apple-darwin10
Configured with: /var/tmp/gcc/gcc-5664~101/src/configure --disable-checking --enable-werror --prefix=/usr --mandir=/share/man --enable-languages=c,objc,c++,obj-c++ --program-transform-name=/^[cg][^.-]*$/s/$/-4.2/ --with-slibdir=/usr/lib --build=i686-apple-darwin10 --program-prefix=i686-apple-darwin10- --host=x86_64-apple-darwin10 --target=i686-apple-darwin10 --with-gxx-include-dir=/include/c++/4.2.1
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5664)
]]]

Thanks,

wrong gcc :

step 5) http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-port-depends/
jinith Wrote:Undefined symbols:
"_lt_libltdl_LTX_preloaded_symbols", referenced from:
_lt_libltdl_LTX_preloaded_symbols$non_lazy_ptr in libltdl_libltdl_la-ltdl.o
(maybe you meant: _lt_libltdl_LTX_preloaded_symbols$non_lazy_ptr)
ld: symbol(s) not found
make[2]: *** [libltdl/libltdl.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've run into the same error as jinith and none of the fixes mentioned in this thread can work. 10.4 sdk was installed with xcode, arch is set to i386, dylib.o is where it should be, gcc symlinks to version 4.0.1. Are there any other fixes I can try?

The only thing I can think of, is during the first pass of port installs, I ran into the libsamplerate problem mentioned here. (has this been fixed in google code svn yet?) I fixed the md5, re-ran "sudo port install libsamplerate +universal" (it worked), and now any port installs that depend on libtool will fail because libtool can't compile.

Full error message:
$ sudo port install smpeg +universal
---> Building libtool
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_mac_xbmc-port-depends-read-only_dports_devel_libtool/work/libtool-2.2.6" && make all " returned error 2
Command output: make all-recursive
/bin/sh ./libtool --tag=CC --mode=link /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -O2 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -no-undefined -version-info 9:0:2 -dlpreopen libltdl/dlopen.la -L/opt/local/lib -arch i386 -o libltdl/libltdl.la -rpath /opt/local/lib libltdl/loaders/libltdl_libltdl_la-preopen.lo libltdl/libltdl_libltdl_la-lt__alloc.lo libltdl/libltdl_libltdl_la-lt_dlloader.lo libltdl/libltdl_libltdl_la-lt_error.lo libltdl/libltdl_libltdl_la-ltdl.lo libltdl/libltdl_libltdl_la-slist.lo libltdl/argz.lo
libtool: link: not configured to extract global symbols from dlpreopened files
libtool: link: rm -fr libltdl/.libs/libltdl.lax
libtool: link: (cd libltdl/.libs/libltdl.lax/dlopen.a && ar x "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_mac_xbmc-port-depends-read-only_dports_devel_libtool/work/libtool-2.2.6/libltdl/.libs/dlopen.a")
libtool: link: /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -dynamiclib -o libltdl/.libs/libltdl.7.dylib libltdl/loaders/.libs/libltdl_libltdl_la-preopen.o libltdl/.libs/libltdl_libltdl_la-lt__alloc.o libltdl/.libs/libltdl_libltdl_la-lt_dlloader.o libltdl/.libs/libltdl_libltdl_la-lt_error.o libltdl/.libs/libltdl_libltdl_la-ltdl.o libltdl/.libs/libltdl_libltdl_la-slist.o libltdl/.libs/argz.o libltdl/.libs/libltdl.lax/dlopen.a/dlopen.o -L/opt/local/lib -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -arch i386 -install_name /opt/local/lib/libltdl.7.dylib -compatibility_version 10 -current_version 10.0 -Wl,-single_module
Undefined symbols:
"_lt_libltdl_LTX_preloaded_symbols", referenced from:
_lt_libltdl_LTX_preloaded_symbols$non_lazy_ptr in libltdl_libltdl_la-ltdl.o
(maybe you meant: _lt_libltdl_LTX_preloaded_symbols$non_lazy_ptr)
ld: symbol(s) not found
make[2]: *** [libltdl/libltdl.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libtool
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
Classic Jedi answer

*Waves hand* This isn't the build system you're looking for.

I'll wait until davilla's osx-new-buildsys tree is merged to trunk =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing Samba 3.0.28 on Mac OS X 10.6.20