Old Plugins in Dharma?
I'm betting the answer to this question is "no" but I'll ask anyway, since I haven't found it explicitly spelled out anywhere.

Some of the plugins I use are apparently no longer being developed (author lost interest, or whatever, don't know - not even sure where I got some of them originally). I recently downloaded Dharma from SVN on my Linux box (because the stable archives were apparently being rebuilt and the "xbmc" package wasn't available) and, of course, there is no "Plugins" folder in Dharma - just an "Addons" folder.

Is there any method, plan, add-on that will allow Dharma to use the previous type of plugins?
Though I am not an XBMC Developer, I believe the simple answer is no... With that being said, some plugins/scripts are fairly easy to convert, while others need quite a bit of TLC. I converted one plugin myself, which it then grew into something much bigger... I only have a limited knowledge of programming(just enough to be dangerous) never touched Python(the present scripting language used by XBMC) and managed to come up with something quite worth while.

Maybe take a stab at making your favorite plugin/script work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Old Plugins in Dharma?0