Seperate brightness/contrast for TV and Movies
I`m constantly having to move the brightness and contrast up or down when bouncing between movies and TV shows and would really love to see this as a feature.

Generally speaking, TV productions use a TON of lighting and most movies use less lighting hence my request.

On my setup here I find that TV shows are pretty much perfect but a majority of movies usually require a tweak up to about 57-60 for brightness and contrast.

cheers

edit... I made a formal feature request for this.
Well, I don't agree. A media center should send a natural unaltered image to the TV and you should have your TV calibrated to standard. This way you will see the image that the producer of the movie or tv show intended
bleze Wrote:Well, I don't agree. A media center should send a natural unaltered image to the TV and you should have your TV calibrated to standard. This way you will see the image that the producer of the movie or tv show intended

So you think even having one setting for brightness and contrast is wrong too then? And TV's should have only one setting, "standard"? Who defines the standard? My TV has Standard, Pro and Vivid..all of which needed some level of tweaking to my preference. Ever seen a row of different brand, top-end LCD's at a big store side-by-side? They all look different.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seperate brightness/contrast for TV and Movies0