How I Built My HTPC ...
Hello,

I would like to share with you what I did for my system. It is rather a long document, but it describes in some detail the whole thing, from parts selection (2009 hardware), assembly, moding of XBox dongle + XERC chip, till software setup on a XBMCBuntu way.

Here are some points that may be interesting:

- Silent parts selection for a virtually silent HTPC (ATX-size, Noctua Coolers and CPU Heatsink);

- Modding of XERC2+XBox DVD Dongle for perfect resume/suspend and even power off/power on via remote, including Harmony setup;

- Multiboot nirvana.

- Work around for some nasty current problems, like PPAs not available, resume/suspend on Lucid, and some XBMC-Live issues I faced with Lucid.

I posted a video on Youtube showing the power on/suspend/resume behaviour with the remote. Check it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_75wdDpDes

Here are some teaser pictures, more can be found in the document.

Image Image Image Image Image

And here is the link for the document, a Google doc published to the web:

http://bit.ly/bAPIsP
Kudos on a very well documented guide! Nice setup!

How do you keep all the OS's upto date Angry
Playing with XBMC on all platforms :)
I love that build but it would be more appropriate in the hardware subforum
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Vankwish Wrote:How do you keep all the OS's upto date Angry

Well, they are just set to autoupdate, except the XBMCBuntu installs, which I don't update at all. My past experience show that XBMCBuntu installs, with all tweaks and tricks (LIRC, ALSA audio over HDMI, suspend/resume, etc) are prone to be broken by autoupdates. That is why I keep a test partition, so that I can install new things without messing with the "production" XBMCBuntu install.
Hannes The Hun Wrote:I love that build but it would be more appropriate in the hardware subforum

You are right, I should have posted it there. If any moderator reads this, would you kindly move this thread to the Hardware forum?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How I Built My HTPC ...0