when is the new xbmc coming? & winter in the south
made it to 12.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
The VDPAU & GT2x0 issue just got pushed to the next release.
come on guys lets kick this 1% in the butt and give us a %100. and i was worried about writing a new thread about whats happening with the new release. its good to see the xbmc love is world wide Smile its just bloody brilliant software i have gotten so many friends into it and they all love it.
darkscout Wrote:The VDPAU & GT2x0 issue just got pushed to the next release.

There goes ION2....

I am torn...

I have a Zotac 9300 (ION) setup in my Lounge room, and can't wait for Dhama.

I have just ordered a Giada N20 (ION2) for my Family room, and now ION2 might not be supported Sad

8+ months between releases seems to much.

One main push to get a second system was so that I can play with XBMC more, now that the lounge room has XBMC the other half will NOT let me change anything, she loves it.
poofyhairguy Wrote:There goes ION2....

It's not a huge "issue". For some reason when decoding XVID with VDPAU enabled you'de get a green or purple blocky screen.

So you'd have to disable it to play any xvids. There's a 'quickfix' out that does this automatically. But the real fix is figuring out WTF is wrong and fixing it because the VDPAU FeatureSet C chips should decode XVID on chip.
I think they already have mpeg4 disabled in the programming to bandaid the problem until they get a chance to fix the problem.. I know it has been working this way for a while... true, my cpu usage goes up about 15% since it's doing the decoding which doesn't affect me too much(never seen it go much above 50% when it's working hard playing back a movie..

Be patient folks.. It's such an amazing program.. Well worth the wait...
Rainbow 
just looked at the roadmap its at 99%... does that mean we are getting closer to a releaseHuh? maybe within a week or two?? Big Grin
Down to 10 tickets now! This is getting exciting.
Down to 9 now! Smile
i was interested in gettin a zotag system untill i read that alot of customers who bought there stuff more often then not it was DOA right outta the box or with in 3 months and apparently its a head ache to get it fixed. ill stick with the i7 930
I think more people are happy with Zotac than those that are not, not every happy customer is running to the interwebs gloating about how happy they are, but nearly every bad experience is posted on the web.

my .02 cents

and an core i7 is just way over kill for xbmc and playing hd content. now if you want to do some heavy cpu usage so be it.

-=jason=-
darkscout Wrote:The VDPAU & GT2x0 issue just got pushed to the next release.

What ticket number(s) is this under?
Flomaster Wrote:and an core i7 is just way over kill for xbmc and playing hd content. now if you want to do some heavy cpu usage so be it.

agreed. if your system is used primarily to run xbmc and you have an i7, you either have too much money, or too little to do on your system. xbmc is mostly about the graphics chip, as indicated by my puny atom 230 running underneath all that glorious 1080p
poofyhairguy Wrote:There goes ION2....

Hmmm - explain? Eek

Worrying as I just bought an ION2 system Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
when is the new xbmc coming? & winter in the south0