when is the new xbmc coming? & winter in the south
if your *full* hd is encoded in mpeg4-asp, you need to reconsider the codec you use. the n330 can decode 720p just fine. it's only if you for some silly reason have 1080p in mpeg4-asp that you have to worry. it's really a non-issue.
TugboatBill Wrote:What ticket number(s) is this under?

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8337
8 tickets left Big Grin
Seems there was a quick burst of fixes, but we're kind of lulling on 8 bugs now. Since I've never really watched the trac before a release on xbmc before (I have usually just been like "oh there's a new version out"), how does this usually work? After the 8 have been fixed, is it immediately released, or does it go into some sort of additional "beta" process?

Also, are the remaining 8 issues hard to fix or do they just require the expertise of certain Devs? Please note that I'm not whining or expecting things to be done asap - just curious really.

Lastly, based on the descriptions of the 8 remaining issues, it sounds like I wouldn't be affected by many of them, if any. Are there any of them that are actually fairly common or potentially big/heinous?
"Looks like a first beta of the new xbmc version is on it’s way:

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/33300"
Na my i7 not just for xbmc lol little bit over kill

i play games in the lounge have a benq w1000 shining on the wall with 2xati 4890s in sli and one nvidia gt240 for physx.

just got the ati and nvidia cards working together last week and man what a massive difference gave me an extra 2500 points in 3d mark vantage
Beta1 tagged and built tonight. Pending a quick review, we'll have a full announcement up on xbmc.org some time later today (Monday).

TheUni
I can se now that the xbmc-r33324-Dharma_beta1.exe is out but does anyone know when we can be seeing a xbmc-live beta?
alexpigment Wrote:Seems there was a quick burst of fixes, but we're kind of lulling on 8 bugs now. Since I've never really watched the trac before a release on xbmc before (I have usually just been like "oh there's a new version out"), how does this usually work? After the 8 have been fixed, is it immediately released, or does it go into some sort of additional "beta" process?

Also, are the remaining 8 issues hard to fix or do they just require the expertise of certain Devs? Please note that I'm not whining or expecting things to be done asap - just curious really.

Lastly, based on the descriptions of the 8 remaining issues, it sounds like I wouldn't be affected by many of them, if any. Are there any of them that are actually fairly common or potentially big/heinous?

It appears to me that the number of bugs is fluid and doesn't correlate directly to when the release will occur. If you watch the track you'll see new bugs being added all the time. Some get fixed for the upcoming release, some get fixed for the next release, and some aren't addressed until some time in the future.
Down to 6!
Beta1 is out!
Nice. We have beta1 and only 5 tickets left!
Installing the live-beta now. My first go at a linux build. Wish me luck.
Goodluck.

Though you may find it a bit stressful at times, but it is well worth it. Laugh
Ok it's back up to 7 now. It seems at this point that the number of open tickets really isn't a good way to judge the amount of time left until a release, but I am glad that they're still dealing with new issues rather than just trying to rush a release out. It's good to see all the little bugs coming up on trac, then disappearing. Keep up the great work guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
when is the new xbmc coming? & winter in the south0