i can not get xbmc remote to work with xbmc
hi there i am currently using xbmc camelot stable and recently i got a new phone, an lg gt540

today i tried to make the xbmc remote work but i could not get it to work, i have no idea at all what i could be doing wrong as i followed all steps here http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem..._and_later

i went to whatismyip to find out my ip address and did all the other stuff like put port 8080 in and a username and password that i wanted, i did not know if i should have ticked wifi only box in settings on the android app, but i do not think it made any difference though, all other box i left as they were as i was not told to touch any of that in the steps

so i have no idea how to make this work but i hope i can get help and get this working, i want to try it as it does look cool
i love xbmc
Are you willing to share your IP, login and password (change the password to a temp password) so someone can try to connect from a PC and verify if it's a problem with your network, or your phone.

If you don't want to share it publicly, PM me and I'll check it out for you.
thank you to bmillham i now have a working remote, so i have got a connection between xbmc and the android remote now, but the only things i can do on the remote is start (play) a movie

i cant use the remote control features such as stop, pause or any of them arrows, and in music only 1 album appears and i cant even play any music from that 1 album (i have loads of albums)

so one thing gets fixed and now there is another thing, hope i can get some help again

thank you to bmillham, you were great
i love xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i can not get xbmc remote to work with xbmc0