[WIP] Dragonite - a new skin designed for touch user interface

Working on it, as you might have guessed this is for a touchscreen interface.

First page, it's part of a much larger system. So the "Watch Movie" and "Listen Music" Part are really the only parts that are used.

WIP

Edit: Does anyone know where I can find a picture host that allows upload of 1920x1080 images?
What I would like to see is integrating this into say an iPad.
garyi Wrote:What I would like to see is integrating this into say an iPad.

They have several for the iPad already. This would be great for those of us who would like to use a Windows 7 tablet.
garyi Wrote:What I would like to see is integrating this into say an iPad.

As far as I know XBMC does not run on an iPad and as this is a skin for XBMC and not some iPad XBMC remote you can't integrate it into an iPad unless you develop an XBMC remote for iPads and use this skin as a starting point for the design of your remote.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Jorde Wrote:First page, it's part of a much larger system. So the "Watch Movie" and "Listen Music" Part are really the only parts that are used.
So is this a skin for XBMC or something else? Huh
Montellese Wrote:As far as I know XBMC does not run on an iPad and as this is a skin for XBMC and not some iPad XBMC remote you can't integrate it into an iPad unless you develop an XBMC remote for iPads and use this skin as a starting point for the design of your remote.

I thought this is what he was referring to. As in a remote.
Casanova_32210 Wrote:I thought this is what he was referring to. As in a remote.

If that is so I apologize. As it was posted in the "Skin Development" board I just assumed that it would be a skin for XBMC itself although I found the text/description in the first post a bit disturbing Huh
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Looks great so far.

http://imgur.com/ should work for hosting images..

Could you provide more info on this project, as it is not entirely clear if this is a native skin or something that connects via the XBMC APIs.

tks
jw76 Wrote:Looks great so far.

http://imgur.com/ should work for hosting images..

Could you provide more info on this project, as it is not entirely clear if this is a native skin or something that connects via the XBMC APIs.

tks

Basically this is part of a larger system. Where you control A/V but also lights/blinds/etc

Of course that's not what I will release here, but I'll turn this (or something similar) into a native skin. This is just the start of a project where I need to integrate XBMC into, if it works well I can do it for more projects.

Thanks for the link.

Back to topic. This skin is not entirely native (partly is as the OSD will be the same/similar to the Touchscreen interface. Building it for Crestron & AMX, might consider an iPad build out of curiosity).

So in the future I'll turn it into a native skin. Which will be slightly different. (Basics will be the same, but I might remove a lot). Considering I'm making it for a larger system first (where I'll have a mac mini running XBMC, and control will be via Crestron/AMX) it shouldn't be a problem to later on convert the skin to native & XBMC only. But the skin will most likely be different by then.
Ok a little update:

I changed my mind about the larger system for now. Right now the focus lies solely on XBMC and the interface.

So here's the movies part:

seems good Wink
Hrmm...

I use 3 touchscreen for carrying around and displaying in bedrooms and such. The HP multimedia touchscreens (tx2500 or something like that) are extremely cheap on ebay and work well. Would this work for display and control as well? I'd like to see an interface like this that would work as a remote to any of the other attached installations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Dragonite - a new skin designed for touch user interface0