Jerky DXVA forever (until you skip about) - r32773
i was having a think, your fix works, for starting playback and getting smooth initiation of video (other than losing focus).

BUT, I think it might be the actual skipping around in the video which causes the issue.
Tried dharma beta1 last night, and it works perfect! I don't know if i changed something or you did, but it's working Smile

thanks.
It looks like I was on the wrong track.

There are plenty of
Code:
#
ERROR: ffmpeg[AAC]: [h264] Failed to begin frame
ERROR: ffmpeg[AAC]: [h264] hardware accelerator failed to decode picture
in your logs, which are most likely the reason for jumpy playback.

elupus committed a change to the seeking code, it could be be what fixed it for you.

elupus?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hmm.. I didn't change anything in regards to this.. No idea why it would start working.

That does seem like ffmpeg fails to begin decoding a frame, then that frame ends up being junk forever into the future untill a seek is done which flushes the decoder and restarts it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Lightbulb 
Hello
Have you tryed to desactivate aero and other windows seven option for desktop compositing ?
On my installation, all work perfect until i have desactivate this

Seb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerky DXVA forever (until you skip about) - r327730