• 8(current)
Setup guide for XBMC Android remote
I've never once been able to make the android version of the xbmc remote app connect before. I've tried on multiple friends computers and various versions of Android phones and android tablets. Why does the iOS version work so easily (automatic) and android is a manual mystery mess?
(2014-09-18, 18:54)JazJon Wrote: I've never once been able to make the android version of the xbmc remote app connect before. I've tried on multiple friends computers and various versions of Android phones and android tablets. Why does the iOS version work so easily (automatic) and android is a manual mystery mess?
Because it is developed by different people and not based on the same code?

I can only recommend to use YATSE - I believe the base version is also free.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...widgetfree
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

More than one year ago, but I have a very similar problem:

(2013-06-30, 13:47)Vycka66 Wrote: I conncet to my computer Can select folders files to play through movies
can access now playing and see the file name
but remote no button is working What can be the problem?
In my case:

Connecting isn't a problem.

I can select the movie list and start a movie. But in that mode I can't forward, rewind or pause the movie.

Using just the remote buttons the cursor buttons and select works. The rest of the buttons does not have any effect.

Do I have to configure something on the server side (remote.conf, lirc, input)?
Hey,

So I'm having some issues connecting to my PC - I'm using XBMC 13.2

I have got 'Allow control of XBMC via HTTP' selected, with port 8080, user and pass set up, I have both remote options selected and can connect to 192.168.0.9:8080 to see xbmc, however i believe it has something to do with the ports, as am unable to do the same address on my phone.

Im using Virgin Media super Hub (2ac).

Under port forwarding i have set the following:
http://imgur.com/w94bNMb (Edit: Link instead of embedded as imgur was messing up)

As I can't access the ip from my phone, I think the issue lies here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setup guide for XBMC Android remote2