• 3(current)
Setup guide for XBMC Android remote
I managed to make xbmc remote to work but only if I use 3g connection instead of local wlan.
I made two different host configurations for my phone remote app:

1. for local connection host ip is in 192.168.xx.x format
2. for outside connections host ip is in my.dyndns format

If I connect my HTC Desire to wlan and use the host1, it says "No route to host".

If I disable wlan, connect 3g and use host2, everything works just fine.

Any idea what would make the local wlan connection to work?

Note my system setup:
HTPC is using wired lan card connected to wlan router so I need to make the phone wlan connection to the htpc through wlan router anyway.
Hi all,

Over wifi everything works fine for me. I tried over 3G and I can just connect to the server, access informations etc. but it doesn't work when I try to control.

I opened 9777 port for udp and 8080 port for tcp. I have no firewall enabled on my computer, and I have a static ip.

Could someone help?

Thanks !
Help, I've tried (almost) everything.
I cant seem to be able to connect to my XBMC.
Here's my situation: http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3852/...ksetup.jpg

In the Android App I've entered most of the IP adresses.

My Phone is connected to my Tele2 modem through WiFi
The signal has to go from my phone (192.168.1.9) to my Tele2 modem (192.168.1.1) to the Router (192.168.2.1) to the Zotac (192.168.2.102)

If possible it seems a lot more direct to connect to the Zotac Wireless. But how?

Or i'm I focussing to much on IP adresses in stead of Port Forwarding?

I'm lost...

Hope you can help
If the Zotac connects wireless to the Tele2 modem then it has the IP 192.168.1.10
So in the phone that is the address you need to define for the XBMC.

Maybe the other option - you need to try it out - if the Router is not connected through the WAN port to the modem, but through one of the LAN ports. The dhcp service turned off in the Router. In this case the Tele2 modem gives the dhcp to all the other LAN ports of the Router. So every party stays in the 192.168.1.x range therefore the Zotac can be connected wired.
Quote:If the Zotac connects wireless to the Tele2 modem then it has the IP 192.168.1.10
So in the phone that is the address you need to define for the XBMC.

Maybe the other option - you need to try it out - if the Router is not connected through the WAN port to the modem, but through one of the LAN ports. The dhcp service turned off in the Router. In this case the Tele2 modem gives the dhcp to all the other LAN ports of the Router. So every party stays in the 192.168.1.x range therefore the Zotac can be connected wired.

Hey sounds good, all adresses in the same range. I was wondering how to do that. I'm gonna give it a go soon.

I'll let you know.
Yes!

Succes, thanks gfoldv!

The cable from my modem to the router is now connected to a LAN port. The WAN port of the router is left unused. I also disabled DHCP on the router and as a result all my IP adresses are in the same range 192.168.1.xx. Now that they are in the same range i have put in the IP adres of the XBMC machine (in my case the Zotac) and all is goed.

Great app
I wish others would give such a nice, detailed schematics you have provided. Makes the support much easier.
Im using xbmc remote(last version) with xbmc dharma RC1 on Windows 7 x64.

If I select a TV show on xbmc remote using the folder list, it works without problem.

but if I select a tv show using the library mode on xbmc remote, when I click on "play episode" xbmc crashes on windows.

Anyone know what can I do?
i dont know if anyone else will run into this issue... but i set it up correctly and it wasn't connecting. giving me an error about my username and password. i triple checked and it still nothing. I then backed out of the settings page and... bam... connected.
Pretty sure I've followed this correctly but just can't connect, I keep getting the error "Make sure XBMC webserver is enabled"

Any Advice?
had the same problems...

my way been...just this second..

i looked into my d-link-router and in the menu where the prots are given free,
there is standing an ip.adress... and this one i use.. and..strike

>>>>>>> no.. iam now only one step better..
the remote works from begin, fine...
only the connection doesnt work...
now i can connect.. but if i'm goin to movies or music,
now it says..'connection refused'...
damned..wht the hell is this..

>>>>>
and now.. one minute later,'
without anything changed..
at self the connection dont work again..

so the question is:
is there anything 'moving' 'inside'....lol...

** and what about
*acces point
and macadress...Huh
very nice step by step. although I would not suggest people open up there internet for hackers... especially port 8080. that is a basic internet port and may may people would be able to see it. and if it is out there then it can be hacked.

Just a word to the wise for people playing with this application. I do love it and hope the developers can build upon it but I would not port forward.

Thanks,
SoBBie
I was having the hardest time getting this to work. I have an Android tablet so using 3G is not an option. Turns out I was using the ip DynDNS was displaying and not the one under xbmc's settings. That's the one you want to use if you plan on using it over wifi, your home network. Also, I to would advise against 8080
... could you please mark this thread NOT as a regular setup guide for local use of the app?
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
I don't understand why it has to be so difficult to set up, isn't upnp supposed to make stuff like this easy?

for internal network usage it should not be more difficult than, add host, add xbmc on pc, enter pin, done, that's about how an ipod touch connects to an itunes libary, should not be more difficult than that.

for external usage, then okay, there has to be some port forwarding and so forth, that i do get.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setup guide for XBMC Android remote2