• 4(current)
Setup guide for XBMC Android remote
hi, I am new to xbmc and the android remote and not able to configure it. Here is my situation:
I have a wired broadband connection and a router. My connection uses dynamic IP.
I want to use GPRS connection on my android (LG optimus one P500) to connect to the xbmc running on my PC. I tried the instructions here http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem..._and_later but could not connect.
Can you give me simple setup instructions? I do not understand port forwarding or any of networking related stuff thats being discussed here...
I am really excited to use this and would really appreciate some help.
Just a quick thanks to the devs for this.

Have been running a remote app on Windows Phone 7 which has been great. Picked up a Desire HD yesterday and d/l this app and its fantastic.

Still a coupld of things I prefer on the WP7 app but when in remote mode, this one is 10 times more responsive - works just as well as my Harmony One with none of the lag I was experiencing.

Great stuff guys Big Grin
Hi guys,
i am new to xbmc. Now i am trying to set this thing for about 2 hours.
My problem is, the remote perfectly works but the music, film or picture browser shows nothing.
my settings:
using: xbmc 10.0 (i think its the dharma one)
ip: got from xbmc info screen (192.168.xx.xx)
port: 80
wifi: selected "work only in wifi"

what i noticed: if i set the port to 80 the remote function works and i can connect and see the screen with Music, Movie,... and if i enter for example Music there is no titel. its totaly empty.
And when i change the port to 8080 the remote function works but i CANT connect. So i cant get to the screen where music, movie is displayed.

Excuse me for my bad english.
And i want to thank for this app... i think its a great idea, just need to get this to work. Smile
Thumbs Up 
I had a lot of trouble but finally realized it was the Windows Firewall. I had to check the box to allow XBMC through the firewall. I didn't need port forwarding or anything else. It is just a matter of troubleshooting one thing at a time. I wish success for all that are still trying.
i followed the guide and im still unable to connect remote properly to my pcHuh
so i followed the http://androinica.com/2010/07/how-to-set...id-remote/ but only problem now i have is im able to connect and see my movies and such but the controller part dont work please help .... i cant navigate or anything but look at my libraby and click play and thats it....

NOTE:::: only issue i have is the remote app i would click exit app and the app on pc shut off but not on my android phoneHuh?
also power on doesnt workHuh any helpHuh
ladiferencia Wrote:I had a lot of trouble but finally realized it was the Windows Firewall. I had to check the box to allow XBMC through the firewall. I didn't need port forwarding or anything else. It is just a matter of troubleshooting one thing at a time. I wish success for all that are still trying.

I've spent a hour or two trying different things with my set-up and this was the key to getting the remote to connect, thanks! Big Grin

Perhaps this should be added to the guide for those running XBMC under Windows with the Windows firewall turned on? And/or added to the Wiki page?
XBMC remote give this error
Code:
Error: Socket Timeout:
Make sure XBMC webserver is enabled and XBMC is running.

I set up according to Post 1.
I have Windows Firewall disabled.

Version: v0.8.5-beta1 (Revision 730)
Phone: HTC Wildfire A3333 (Android 2.2.1)
XBMC: 10.1 (Git: e9e9099)

Issue exist only when I'm in Movies, TV Shows but when I use "Remote Control" everything is ok.

Link:
http://myipaddress:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHtt...fo(120;121) work ok, results:

Code:
10.1 Git:e9e9099
Mar 8 2011

Cant figure out what the problem is.
Thanks for any tips
I SOLVED IT !
I was using Edimax as universal Repeater, after connect directly by my Netgear router, issue disappear.

Cheers !
I tried installing this on my rooted Nook Color, but it keeps telling me to set up host for it in settings, but then presents me a blank setting page w/ no options
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
Is there no Menu button on the Nook Color?
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
As soon as I open the app, I get " Click on settings or use the menu in order to add an XBMC host or IP address to your config".(close or Settings)
I click Settings, and get " No hosts defined in order to add hosts, press "Menu" and choose Add hosts" (close) This leaves me on a settings page under XBMC Hosts that has no options to allow me to do anything. All I can see is the Back button, which doesn't work either
My Nook Color is rooted using manual nooter 4.5.18 for 1.2.0, so even though I can access the full Market, perhaps this isn't considered a "real" Android install to allow the remote to function?

Anyone else out there getting this to work on a rooted NC?
I think someone has already complained about it. As the Nook was intended to be an eBook reader lacks the hardware Menu and Back buttons. I do not own a device but as I know people managed to configure the volume buttons to do the same functionality.
The request to have a soft menu button in the Android Remote has been already addressed, solution is coming.
I can run Softkeys on it, for a back button, but yeah haven't found a way to access hardware settings. I ran Gingerbread on it via SD card for a few days, but didn't want to commit to a full write over at this time Perhaps once I get brave enough to do the full install...thanks.
I'm running CyanogenMod 7.0.3 (stable) on my nook color and the xbmc remote runs great! Big Grin
OK, so that confirms kinda what I was thinking, that I'll need a full Android OS running on it to get it werkin'
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setup guide for XBMC Android remote2