Anime series with xbmc
Hi!

i'm trying out Dharma on a Windows 7 Home Premium HTPC.

My present dir architecture for my anime series is the one recommended for WMC+MediaBrowser, that is:

X:\009-1\Season1\01 - Episode Title.mkv
X:\Blood+\Season1\01 - Episode Title.mkv
X:\Blood+\Season2\01 - Episode Title.mkv

When I setup XBMC TV section to include X:\ as a video source I get the folder, backdrop and xml info from X:\009-1 and X:\Blood+ but I don't get the episodes or info that are located in the Seasons subdir even though I told XBMC to search recursively.

It would be a pain to rename all the episodes ( I have over 3 terrabytes of anime) and move them one to the respective series root.

Any help is welcome.
The problem is the file naming. Specifically, they need something to the effect of S01E01, etc, somewhere in the filename for it to be parsed correctly. My recommendation would be to get a mass file renamer (I personally use Metamorphose), and just rename things quickly and properly. You could also modify the regex and such so that it'll understand your name, but it's far easier just to rename the files.
YodaEXE Wrote:The problem is the file naming. Specifically, they need something to the effect of S01E01, etc, somewhere in the filename for it to be parsed correctly. My recommendation would be to get a mass file renamer (I personally use Metamorphose), and just rename things quickly and properly. You could also modify the regex and such so that it'll understand your name, but it's far easier just to rename the files.

I was affraid of that.

Most data scraper that I have rename the file xx - Episode Title.ext when they move the file into the respective season folders.

Man that is at least a week worth of renaming, even with a utility.

I think I'll write a VB.net apps to do the job for me by parsing the series directories for the info and the rename the files automatically instead of me doing it series by series. It would be faster.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anime series with xbmc0