Playback Failed...
Hello all...

I've searched Google now and the other forums for a good hour now; and I cannot find a solution to this issue.

I am getting the error message "Playback Failed: One or more items failed to play."

I am hosting the files local on a external hard drive set to MacOS File System and for some reasons the files won't play. None... Out of the 60000 videos and what not crap I have, nothing will play. I get that same error message every-time.

Now; I'd post what the log says, But I don't know how to access that yet.
Squeaky369 Wrote:Hello all...

I've searched Google now and the other forums for a good hour now; and I cannot find a solution to this issue.

I am getting the error message "Playback Failed: One or more items failed to play."

I am hosting the files local on a external hard drive set to MacOS File System and for some reasons the files won't play. None... Out of the 60000 videos and what not crap I have, nothing will play. I get that same error message every-time.

Now; I'd post what the log says, But I don't know how to access that yet.

Hmm, yeah, I've gotten that too on about a third of my files, some which I swear worked before. As a test I had some friends load the movies in their XBMC (28256) and they played fine. I've also gotten the movies to play straight in the ATV Frontrow, through Nito, QuickTime and etc. just fine. I posted about this awhile ago with logs and it sounded like it was an issue with my files. That was before giving the files to my friends to try. Difference between their setups is type of HD, no Broadcom card and they're still at 28256 (I've been keeping pretty up-to-date with SVN's). When I get a moment I'm going to yank my card out and go back to 28256 and see if the movies work.

I'd post your logs - From davilla's sig:

On the AppleTV <username> is frontrow.
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Console log: /Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log
Crashreporter log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.log
MediaInfo : http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback Failed...0