• 3(current)
H.264 in MP4 containers (inc. Nero Digital MPEG-4 AVC)
tested it in xbox... neroavc still don't work!
if you want to test this modifications... you can download mplayer 2004-12-18 port
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
any news in this topic? :kickass:
new hopes

2004-12-22 11:42

le saturday 18 december 2004 à 04:49:55 +0100, michael niedermayer a écrit:
> on wednesday 15 december 2004 19:50, loic le loarer wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > here is my first real contribution, this patch add multi slice support
> > for main profile h.264 streams. i have tested this on all h264
>
> applied

thank you for applying my first patch. here is a new patch which :

- correct several errors on the deblocking accross slice boundaries.
- add support for deblocking_filter_idc==2 which means no deblocking accross slice.
- correct mmco with multiple slices.

5 more streams from h264 conformance suite are now correctly decoded.

best regards

--
loïc

"heaven is not a place, it"s a feeling"

index: libavcodec/h264.c
tested it in xbox... neroavc still don't work!
if you want to test this modifications... you can download mplayer 2004-12-25 port
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
tested it in xbox... neroavc work! Wink (some problems yet... but... working)
if you want to test this modifications... you can download
mplayer 2005-01-04 port
testet the newest ffdshow direct show filters (05.01.2005 edition) in graphedit. yes, h.264 works with them. there is only a new splitter missing.

so ffmpeg decoder can handle h.264 => the solution for xbmc is near. :o
@joeb: you can download this xbox mplayer. unrar into mplayer dir @ xbmc.
(ezar2003 @ jan. 05 2005,20:07 Wrote:@joeb: you can download this xbox mplayer. unrar into mplayer dir @ xbmc.
thanks ezar, great  :bowdown:

will there be an official release of a new xbmc with this support or will it automatically integrated in the next release or in an cvs?
i "installed" the latest mplayer.dll and was happy to see my .mp4 start playing, but the feeling of happiness lasted for a few seconds before large grey squares started appearing and disapearing

still its better than before   :nuts:

the file was encoded with nero avc with default options selected (at low bit rates its very impressive).

testing the latest cvs build on linux and the exact smae thing happend. rather than giving up after two minutes i continued to watch the file and for the vast majority of the time everything was fine, its just that all to frequently the decoding would fail leaving those blocks.

i really hope this doesn't sound like a complaint, i have tremendous respect for mplayer and xbmc people and even if it ends up i can't play my file, my graditude towards them will remain the same
Exclamation 
tip; for those wanting to encode h264 video that is compatible with xbmc right now you're probebly best of using sex264 (a x264 vfw codec) with virtualdub, or alternativly mencoder with mencoder x264 gui (megui), ...as both those are based on ffmpeg's lavcodec h.264 codec (which xbmc uses through mplayer) they should at least in theory be more compatible that for example say nero's mpeg-4 avc codec.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
that may be true, but the things that is unsupported is also what makes x.264 so special
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(gamester17 @ jan. 10 2005,15:48 Wrote:...as both those are based on ffmpeg's lavcodec h.264 codec (which xbmc uses through mplayer) they should at least in theory be more compatible that for example say nero's mpeg-4 avc codec.
i did it with troy and it nearly works

the decoder crashed 2 times but i could skip the problematic frames

also try the latest sex264 witch greatly improves quality
well all my xboxs seem to be in use at the moment but ill test this as soon as possible.

on the note of video blocks. x264 and ffmpeg have not supported bframes and weighted prediction up until recently when bframe support was added. however i can asure you that without using these settings vlc (which uses the same decoding library) plays back nero avc enocdes perfectly.

i will test this in a couple of hours and i am considerably excited as beign able to use the best codec for my backups whilst mantaining compatibility with the xbox platform is very important.
as i suspected the options that wont work with this patch are those that wernt until rececently supported.

my encode with recode plays flawlessly.( a slight issue with frame skipping jamming after a while but nothing that important)

i disabled bframes and weighted prediction in recode a until recently they were unsupported.

the latest ffdshow can decode bframes so it really must be only a matter of time before mplayer also can as they both use the same ffmpeg librarys.
the nero encoded files that did not play with the latest windows cvs build of mplayer last week (see above) now playe flawlessley with todays latest build, so far 40 mins of the movie and no issues.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
H.264 in MP4 containers (inc. Nero Digital MPEG-4 AVC)0