Can you create "sets" within "sets"?
Hi,

So after a fair bit of research and playing around I am now able to easily create sets for my movies (Star Wars saga, James bond collection etc) which is easy enough, however I now have a new issue.

Is it possible in any way to create a set within a set? My ultimate goal is to figure out a way of managing two disc DVDs within sets.

Example: Star Wars Saga "Set" - Episode IV is a two disc DVD (1. movie 2. extra features). Is it possible for both of these discs images to be in their own Episode IV folder that is itself within the Star Wars Saga folder?

Thanks in advance for any help on how to format the .nfo etc to be able to make this happen!
No.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I was wondering the same thing and remembered this thread. If you name your files like 'movie - disk 1' and then 2 and so on, when you click on the single thumb you'll be asked what 'part' meaning 'disk' you want to play.
Desktop / Media Server: Win10 x64, ThermalTake Commander G42 case, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX750, CM M 1000w, 8GB GSkill, Samsung SSD 840 Pro 120GB, 2x WD Black 1TB RAID 1, WD 6TB + WD 4TB spanned, single 3TB

Intel NUC with Openelec in TV room.
Only if you turn off playing stacks seamlessly (and why would you do that?)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Only if you turn off playing stacks seamlessly (and why would you do that?)

Thats ok for LOTR where the movie is split over 2 disks but movies with bonus DVD's would not be good stacked if you just want to play the bonus DVD, imo

I can't even find the stack settings in Aeon...I must see if it is an advancedsettings option
Desktop / Media Server: Win10 x64, ThermalTake Commander G42 case, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX750, CM M 1000w, 8GB GSkill, Samsung SSD 840 Pro 120GB, 2x WD Black 1TB RAID 1, WD 6TB + WD 4TB spanned, single 3TB

Why do you bother having "Extras" DVDs ripped anyway?

I assumed everyone used them for coasters :p

jmarshall Wrote:Why do you bother having "Extras" DVDs ripped anyway?

I occasionally do this. Like my Plan 9 From Outer Space DVD had some interviews with Vampira and others about Ed Wood.

The Dukes of Hazzard DVD had some cool extras about the making of the General Lee.

There are other cases, like music videos about the movie, but those I actually put in my musicvideo area.

I'd have to say however that I only save extras about 1-2% of the time.

Brian
jmarshall Wrote:Why do you bother having "Extras" DVDs ripped anyway?

I got a 7.3TB drive to fill lol

I have a few 'extra' DVD's I haven't watched yet so to have them handy on XBMC will make it easier to watch them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can you create "sets" within "sets"?0