• 18(current)
[RELEASE] RandomItems (Random Items) Script
Thanks for the updated version! Will be giving it a try tonight!

EDIT: Seems to be working as expected! Thanks for your time!
Sorted out on my setup. with GIT: 20120816 and the randomitems script ver. 12.0. No more script errors!
I'm getting the following error in the latest version of Aeon Nox whenever I enable the featured modules for TV shows and Movies. I'm assuming it's this addon causing the problem, but if not I'll check in the Aeon Nox forums.

18:58:02 T:4616 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
18:58:02 T:4616 ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'has_key'
18:58:02 T:4616 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Shepard\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 433, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\Shepard\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 79, in __init__
self._fetch_musicvideo_info()
File "C:\Users\Shepard\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 190, in _fetch_musicvideo_info
if json_response.has_key('result') and (json_response['result'].has_key('musicvideos')):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'has_key'

I don't have any Music Videos so I don't understand what would cause that error.
This was fixed a while ago so you don't have latest version of the script.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/script.randomitems/

Note:
NEVER post code snippets on the forum. See my signature
and don't post same issue in several places
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I've been getting a consistent Randomitems.script/watchlist.script failure since I installed the August 31st Win32 nightly. I do have the latest versions installed (August 8th from the official repo). Fails at launch of xbmc, and then over and over while it's running.

Here's the log.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-09-03, 16:00)thrak76 Wrote: I've been getting a consistent Randomitems.script/watchlist.script failure since I installed the August 31st Win32 nightly. I do have the latest versions installed (August 8th from the official repo). Fails at launch of xbmc, and then over and over while it's running.

Here's the log.

look a couple of posts back what to do
Yeah, I did that already. Deleted script folders from addons, installed from pre-frodo zip. No good.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-09-03, 19:38)thrak76 Wrote: Yeah, I did that already. Deleted script folders from addons, installed from pre-frodo zip. No good.

Then it didn't install correctly because it is fixed in master code.

Here your version installed:
script.watchlist: script version 0.1.17 started

You should have at least have 12.0.0
Where is this 12.0.0 version of watchlist? In the repo is 0.1.17.

In the pre-frodo zip you supplied above is only script.randomitems. Even if I only run randomitems (with script.watchlist deleted), it still throws up the error.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7859
(2012-09-03, 20:03)thrak76 Wrote: Where is this 12.0.0 version of watchlist? In the repo is 0.1.17.

In the pre-frodo zip you supplied above is only script.randomitems. Even if I only run randomitems (with script.watchlist deleted), it still throws up the error.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7859

you could have found that in the watchlist thread
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.wa.../downloads
Ok. No watchlist error.

But really, there IS a randomitems error, and it's been the same one in each log.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7863

Isn't it just possible that there's something wrong, after all, I'm using a build from August 31st - many days after your fix above?

PHP Code:
14:51:59 T:1732   ERRORError Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
14:51:59 T:1732   ERRORError Contentsargument 1 must be unicode or str
:51:59 T:1732   ERRORTraceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py"line 435in <module>

Main()

File "C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py"line 79in __init__
                                                self
._fetch_musicvideo_info()

File "C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py"line 226in _fetch_musicvideo_info
                                                self
.WINDOW.setProperty"RandomMusicVideo.%d.Artist"      % ( count ), artist )

TypeErrorargument 1 must be unicode or str
:51:59 T:1732    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
14:51:59 T:1732    INFOPython script stopped
:51:59 T:1732   DEBUGThread XBPyThread 1732 terminating 
(2012-09-03, 20:55)thrak76 Wrote: But really, there IS a randomitems error, and it's been the same one in each log.

fixed in v12.0.1:
script.randomitems_frodo-v12.0.1.zip
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-09-04, 02:37)ronie Wrote:
(2012-09-03, 20:55)thrak76 Wrote: But really, there IS a randomitems error, and it's been the same one in each log.

fixed in v12.0.1:

Thanks, ronie!

No more errors here.

One question: the script folder installed as "XBMC-Addons-script.randomitems-086a13f". It didn't throw any errors when ran, but will that be problematic in the future at all?
(2012-09-04, 03:11)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 02:37)ronie Wrote:

fixed in v12.0.1:

Thanks, ronie!

No more errors here.

One question: the script folder installed as "XBMC-Addons-script.randomitems-086a13f". It didn't throw any errors when ran, but will that be problematic in the future at all?

meh...please delete the folder and reinstall the zip (i've fixed the directory name).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-09-04, 03:16)ronie Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 03:11)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 02:37)ronie Wrote: fixed in v12.0.1:

Thanks, ronie!

No more errors here.

meh...please delete the folder and reinstall the zip (i've fixed the directory name).

Yep, all good now.

Thanks again, ronie.

• 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] RandomItems (Random Items) Script2