• 20(current)
[RELEASE] RandomItems (Random Items) Script
(2012-09-08, 10:13)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 02:32)Livin Wrote: This script fails constantly... upon XBMC start, while navigating any menu, even watching a video! here's a debug log snippet of one of the occurrences... http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8080 I'm using Alpha 5, but it was happening with at least 10 diffe.rent builds I tried before that.
and i won't help you because you fail to follow the furim rules and especially mine. do NOT provide code snippets. you also clearly didn't read the lst pages

Using I code snippet I figured out what the problem a few minutes after I posted this... The version of RandomItems being auto-installed (I think from NOX) was not frodo compatible, thus throwing the error that the frodo version fixed.

btw... it might help avoid unnecessary posts if the first post in this thread was updated with the link to the frodo version. (WatchList thread too)
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2012-09-08, 17:28)Livin Wrote: btw... it might help avoid unnecessary posts if the first post in this thread was updated with the link to the frodo version. (WatchList thread too)

ack.
done and taken care of :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi

I will include your script on my skin.

Question:

Why it not work
Code:
<onload>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RandomItems.py,limit=10&amp;unplayed=false)</onload>

thx
(2012-09-15, 19:57)reazorFX Wrote: Hi

Question:

Why it not work
Code:
<onload>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RandomItems.py,limit=10&amp;unplayed=false)</onload>

thx

read the first post :-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-09-15, 19:59)ronie Wrote:
(2012-09-15, 19:57)reazorFX Wrote: Hi

Question:

Why it not work
Code:

thx

read the first post :-)

i can´t start with special://skin/scripts/RandomItems.py Sad

XBMC.RunScript(script.randomitems,limit=10&amp;unplayed=True&amp;alarm=30) this work shure

only for the understanding .. Tongue why not special://skin/scripts/RandomItems.py
Hi guys...

Been enjoying this script via BackRow skin for a while...but recently noticed a problem when selecting a random album.

Once selected the album's tracks are not queued according to Track Number (as used by the XBMC library, derived from ID3 tag).

Instead the tracks are (I'm pretty sure) sorted by filename.

This would give the same result IF your tracks have their track numbers at the beginning of the filename. However if your filenames aren't organised that way the random album will not play in track numbered order.

Anything that could be done about this?

Thanks so much Smile
Hi Guys,

I keep getting script failed errors using script.randomitems_frodo-v12.01.1.zip downloaded from here a couple of posts ago. I am using a custom XBMC pre-Frodo build that merges xbmc/master and fernetmenta/master and spotyxbmc2/master. Git merges were last done on 9/25/12 and were built on 9/28/12. Here is the debug log. Can you confirm the errors are coming from trying to get album ids from Spotify albums? If so is there a way to modify the script to either ignore Spotify albums or just not get random items for music?
(2012-09-30, 17:34)Balthazar Wrote: Hi Guys,

I keep getting script failed errors using script.randomitems_frodo-v12.01.1.zip downloaded from here a couple of posts ago. I am using a custom XBMC pre-Frodo build that merges xbmc/master and fernetmenta/master and spotyxbmc2/master. Git merges were last done on 9/25/12 and were built on 9/28/12. Here is the debug log. Can you confirm the errors are coming from trying to get album ids from Spotify albums? If so is there a way to modify the script to either ignore Spotify albums or just not get random items for music?

i'm not familiar with the spotify addon...
does it add albums to the xbmc music database?
try replacing
PHP Code:
path 'XBMC.RunScript(' __addonid__ ',albumid=' str(item['albumid']) + ')' 
with
PHP Code:
path 'XBMC.RunScript(' __addonid__ ',albumid=' str(item.get('albumid','')) + ')' 

It shouldn't fail anymore but you on't be able to play it either.

Won't do much about it because within two weeks a lot needs to be changed. After that we'll see what else needs to be done.

Yeah what strange thing is that it seems to be adding them to the db (else it wouldn't find them) but they don't have an albumid which seems way odd.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-30, 11:54)kiboy6 Wrote: Hi guys...

Been enjoying this script via BackRow skin for a while...but recently noticed a problem when selecting a random album.

Once selected the album's tracks are not queued according to Track Number (as used by the XBMC library, derived from ID3 tag).

could you please test if this fixes it:
script.randomitems-3.1.7.zip
(2012-09-30, 17:54)Martijn Wrote: try replacing
PHP Code:
path 'XBMC.RunScript(' __addonid__ ',albumid=' str(item['albumid']) + ')' 
with
PHP Code:
path 'XBMC.RunScript(' __addonid__ ',albumid=' str(item.get('albumid','')) + ')' 

It shouldn't fail anymore but you on't be able to play it either.

Won't do much about it because within two weeks a lot needs to be changed. After that we'll see what else needs to be done.

Yeah what strange thing is that it seems to be adding them to the db (else it wouldn't find them) but they don't have an albumid which seems way odd.

Thanks Martijn - that fixed the error.

ronie - Its not an addon per se, it integrates your Spotify starred albums and playlists directly into your music library and allows you to search for Spotify artists, songs, etc from your library. Hopefully it gets turned into a regular binary addon at some point, but for right now it is baked into the xbmc code. I prefer its integration to the other Spotify app, Spotimc.
(2012-09-30, 23:02)Balthazar Wrote: Thanks Martijn - that fixed the error.

ronie - Its not an addon per se, it integrates your Spotify starred albums and playlists directly into your music library and allows you to search for Spotify artists, songs, etc from your library. Hopefully it gets turned into a regular binary addon at some point, but for right now it is baked into the xbmc code. I prefer its integration to the other Spotify app, Spotimc.

great. think i will change all of them to that layout.

Still weird that it fails on albumid. Seems they did something wrong in integrating that or it isn't supposed to work like that.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-30, 21:48)ronie Wrote:
(2012-09-30, 11:54)kiboy6 Wrote: Hi guys...

could you please test if this fixes it:

That does the trick perfectly...thanks Ronie Smile

(2012-09-30, 21:48)ronie Wrote: could you please test if this fixes it:

i'm getting "addon does not have the correct structure" when i try to install from zip
(2012-10-02, 10:23)VelvetKevorkian Wrote:
(2012-09-30, 21:48)ronie Wrote: could you please test if this fixes it:

i'm getting "addon does not have the correct structure" when i try to install from zip

i've pushed the update to the addon repo, so you don't need this anymore.
you'll receive the update automatically.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] RandomItems (Random Items) Script2