g_localizeStrings.Get function not working called from xbmc/WinSystem.cpp
I am trying to make some hardcoded strings translatable. We have some progress, but there are two strings "Full screen" and "Windowed" which are defined in xbmc/WinSystem.cpp and i was unable to make them translatable. I made a patch what you can check. Somehow i only get an empty string instead of the localized string from strings.xml:

http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/9...able.patch

Could you please help ? TIA
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I helped in your trac query Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Thanks Jonathan for the help, but using the $LOCALIZE(x) formula instead of "Windowed" just appeared as it is when rendered and not the string in the strings.xml. Do you know why the g_localizeStrings.Get function is not working here ?

How can we force it to work ? If there is no other solution it could still be translated at render time, but i think it would be more elegant to already have it translated at resolution definition time.

What is your oppinion.

Thanks, Alan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
g_localizeStrings.Get function not working called from xbmc/WinSystem.cpp0