[MOD] KEN BURNS effect
I still don't know if I fall into the "it's cool", or "it's annoying" camp. The other thing that makes it tough is the times values are very subjective too. Some values are too slow for people, some values too fast...I'll probably though it in only for Home though.

Hey Oddsodz, could you be so kind to PM that request you'd like...the chances of me whipping that up greatly increase if it's easily noticeable....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
ZombieRobot Wrote:some people love it some people hate it and some people get nauseous from it
It makes me literally nauseous. I am sure it will be a flagable item so no worries to me.

I didn;t use to like landscape views, either, but night changed my mind on that.
the ken burns effect, well... great is that it is only an option, so the lovers can use it and the hater can leave it... but by switching on i will get seasick... maybe eliminate the rotation effect, only zooming and moving... i think that would be better... what do you mean?! i know this effect from the windows foto slideshow, but there is also no rotation so it looks better and quieter...
:rofl: greetz DanielOcean :rofl:

MY SYSTEM PIC 1 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 2 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 3
I Think you mean "Tilt" I see what you mean about that. The version in the "Rapier Qualar Mod" skin does not have that. Only panning left right and up down with zooming in and out. I Am not sure if I like it with "Tilt" yet. I Also must look up the time frame for how long an image stays on screen before changing to a new image. I Would like it to be about an extra 10 seconds. But that is just me
hi

maybe mcborzu can add an option about the speed of the ken burns effect.
For a Standard implementation i also see a on/off switch as a musthave.

greetz
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
Ram2000 Wrote:I remember this looks very stutery in the utube clip i dont remember it being that bad ?
I do remember having issues where it would show the top of the picture ie Black Lines...

on my ion machine its not stutery......
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
there is already an on/off switch for the ken burns effect... another switch i think its too much... the effect without rotating, only moving and zooming will be great

Danielocean Wrote:there is already an on/off switch for the ken burns effect... another switch i think its too much... the effect without rotating, only moving and zooming will be great

And I hate having to check a thousand settings...I mostly threw it as a trail balloon, see the reactions. I, or from feedback, can play with the different time/rotate/zoom values

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
It's always the haters that scream the loudest.

EDIT. Should learn not to read stuff at silly o'clock in the morning.

I Like this. Just needs a bit of tweaking and I think it will be a nice thing to have. I have made my mind up and I don't think the "Tilt/rotate/sea-saw" movement needs to be in there. But panning left right and up down with zooming in and out would be just fine.

And hope it stays. Thank you.
Oddsodz Wrote:It's always the haters that scream the loudest
No one hated. We said it was fine as long as it was optional and gave our reason on why we did not like it (just like those who did like it gave their reasons.)
Oddsodz Wrote:It's always the haters that scream the loudest.

do you want to say that im a hater?!

will not criticize or or spread bad mood... Ive often said: im only a user, i only can say this i like and this i dont like... i i can imagine that a lot of ppl dont like the ken burns effect cause this movment which made seasickness...

of course I can start to turning on the effects by editing the code but I have absolutely no idea... so the only chance i have is to adress it and maybe the skinner think like me and improves it... if not, ive just had bad luck and have to live with this...

EDIT:
my first tryout to edit a xml-file... on XBMC\addons\skin.night\720p\Home.xml Smile
just removed the line 19 "<animation effect="rotate" start=..."

and now im really happy!!! for me better without rotation... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Dam it, I Forgot to edit that bit out also. I Was up far to late last night and read everything wrong. Somehow got it in my head that you all hated the effect. When in fact it was not that you hated it. You just did not like the "Tilt/rotate/sea-saw" movement. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I Myself don't mind it. It don't make me feel sick or anything like that. But for the sake of them that are suffering. I Would say tweak it so that the "Tilt/rotate/sea-saw" movement is removed. And only have "panning left right and up down with zooming in and out" just like the "Rapier Qualar Mod" skin,

Note to self. Must learn to read.
lol

late at night and really early in teh morning i read everything twice Wink maybe it will help you also Wink

if i would hate the effect, its easy to switch it off Wink

but my tryout shows me that is like teh effect... only the rotating not really...

Danielocean Wrote:(...)
my first tryout to edit a xml-file... on XBMC\addons\skin.night\720p\Home.xml Smile
just removed the line 19 "<animation effect="rotate" start=..."

and now im really happy!!! for me better without rotation... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

+1
I too like it better without the tilt effect. This makes the Home screen much more alive.
I like it!

As a trial balloon... could we test the non-tilt Ken Burns effect on all fanart? (..during all views?)
Corvo Wrote:+1
...As a trial balloon... could we test the non-tilt Ken Burns effect on all fanart? (..during all views?)

1+
i would like it toooooo Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] KEN BURNS effect0