Newbie.. CD Albums with Multiple CD's
Ive tried searching but cant find anything on this at all, I've also looked at the wiki page but that does help either..

When viewing albums that have more than one disc (Ive tagged them appropriately so it pick the album as as having different discs so they fall under the same album) it display the tracks all together with no indication as to what album I'm looking at, if it wasn't for the track numbers restarting from one when scrolling down i wouldn't know..

Is there a way for it to show which CD or even have sub folders to choose which album to listen to? This might just be a skin problem but 'm not to savvy on this sort of thing!

Hope someone can help as This is prob the only thing I'm stuck on at the moment really loving the XBMC! :-D

Jamie
Is it what you're looking for ?

With The GodFather I edit the field "part of a set".
My name is Erier, Humf Erier
Thanks but thats how I had it, i want there to be just one thumb for multiple cds and then when you view it to be able to scroll down the track listing and the skin say which CD its on to keep things looking tidy..
Here's a screen shot..

as you can see it just starts at 1 again when it reaches the next cd.. also when its playing would be cool to have the skin/xbmc say which CD its from..

I'm using mediastream_redux.. love it! Big Grin
it's a skin feature, so you have to ask in the mediastream sub forum or in the topic of the mod you use
My name is Erier, Humf Erier
The files are tagged with Disc number.
Get a good id3tag editor, like Mp3Tag and use that to set the disc number field.
HTPC: ZBOX-ID41 running OpenElec with Logitech Harmony remote.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
TV: Samsung UE75ES9005
ShabbyDog Wrote:The files are tagged with Disc number.
Get a good id3tag editor, like Mp3Tag and use that to set the disc number field.

pretty sure he's done that or both CD's wouldn't show under the same album.
no he has not. listen to the dog
then how has he got multiple CD's to show under one album whilst still retaining his track numbers for each CD?
Yeah I already did that in MP3 tag..
Ive managed to change the way it shows in the library view, ive put the disc number next to the duration..

I'm now using Confluence and it shows disc number when on the home screen (the info bar of whats playing) but when viewing it in fullscreen with visualizations its not showing it.. This is obv a skin configuartion, ive tried looking in the many xml files to see if i can figure out how to put it in myself but its all chinese to me ha Huh

Cheers Guys!
Well, what you want can be achieved by doing it the old fashioned way (as in before the disc number tag became much used).
Tag all discs as the same album and for the track number use 101, 102, 103 etc for disc 1, 201, 202, 203 and so on for disc two.

That will let you easily see what disc you are on and the track number but it doesn't actually include disc information in a seperate tag.
HTPC: ZBOX-ID41 running OpenElec with Logitech Harmony remote.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
TV: Samsung UE75ES9005
Yeah that would work, quite a task with the amount of cds I have Rolleyes

Wish I could understand the xml files so I could edit them to display it, as it shows on the home screen as shown..

BUT not on the visualization..

Could even try and edit the library to ask which CD to view like when viewing seasons in the tv library..
Figured it out nearly!

In the XML file 'MusicVisualisation.xml'
I entered this: (the underline part..)

</control>
<!-- End Stuff to fill in for seekbar not being visible -->
<control type="label">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>750</width>
<height>25</height>
<label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album, - ] / Disc:$INFO[MusicPlayer.DiscNumber]</label>

it now displays this Big Grin

BUT when playing a single CD album it shows the 'disc:' label as expected.. I just need to figure out the code to only show this when its been entered in the tag..

nearly there just wish I wasnt so pedantic! Laugh
Sorted!!
Needed to put the localise code to get it to show, i just looked at the home xml file and looked for the disc code and found this beauty!

</control>
<!-- End Stuff to fill in for seekbar not being visible -->
<control type="label">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>750</width>
<height>25</height>
<label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album, - ]$INFO[musicplayer.discnumber, - $LOCALIZE[427]:]</label>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie.. CD Albums with Multiple CD's0