• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited Mod (Unicode support)
great news

looking forward getting it.

thanks!
I also found some bad characters in font "LiberationSans-Regular_Caps.ttf".

This is how special characters look:

I have opened the font in FontForge and just copied the big letters to the place of small letters and export the font as ttf. This is how it looks now:

You can download the modified font here.

I hope to see the modified font in some of the next releases. Smile

BTW how often are the xbmc official repositories updated? There is Alaska Revisited Mod in version 1.3.2 now. Is there any repo with the latest version?

BIG thank for this beautiful skin Hitcher.
I'm just looking at the Viewtype_Panel.xml and I have a question. Is there a reason why the wide panel images are scaled when the tall and square panel image are stretched?
Angelscry Wrote:I'm just looking at the Viewtype_Panel.xml and I have a question. Is there a reason why the wide panel images are scaled when the tall and square panel image are stretched?

Yes, the Banners will always be the same size, because they're only available from the TVDB, whereas Posters and CD covers are not always the same size but I didn't want any edges to get cut off.
mirek Wrote:I also found some bad characters in font "LiberationSans-Regular_Caps.ttf".

This is how special characters look:

I have opened the font in FontForge and just copied the big letters to the place of small letters and export the font as ttf. This is how it looks now:

You can download the modified font here.

I hope to see the modified font in some of the next releases. Smile

BTW how often are the xbmc official repositories updated? There is Alaska Revisited Mod in version 1.3.2 now. Is there any repo with the latest version?

BIG thank for this beautiful skin Hitcher.

Thanks for fixing them, I'll get them added later.

I push all my changes to Alaska Revisited first so forum members can pick up any bugs, problems, etc and then, once I'm happy it's stable, I'll get them pushed to Alaska Revisited Mod because it's users may never come here (and that's how the XBMC team like it done).
Malexx Wrote:Is it possible to port Color Themes like Blue Slate to work with this Version from Alaska?
I tried but didnt get it to work.

I'm also interested in the darker color themes for this wonderful skin Alaska Revisited !!
Of course they're possible but I'm no good at colour schemes so don't expect any from me.
Hitcher Wrote:Kiosk mode - I hadn't but may do.

I hope you will implement Kiosk mode.
This is the only thing missing to make Alaska revisited perfect for me. Now to you still wait for Welo, wouldn't it be great to work on this mode? Nod
Voyager-xbmc Wrote:I'm also interested in the darker color themes for this wonderful skin Alaska Revisited !!

are there any howtos or tips around how to make those colorthemes?
Searched the Forums but without any success.

So any advice in the right direction would be cool.
Thanks ..

Edit: I know there are infos here anywhere on the forum but iam not able to find them,its a pure mess for me fo find some usefull things here ... possible iam just to stupid to use the search function in its proper way.
Information 
Malexx Wrote:are there any howtos or tips around how to make
those colorthemes?
Searched the Forums but without any success.

So any advice in the right direction would be cool.
Thanks ..
If you look at the file colors/defaults.xml inside your skin folder, you'll see lines like these:
PHP Code:
    <!-- Global colours -->

<
color name="Time">FF686868</color>
    <
color name="TimeAMPM">FF808080</color>
    <
color name="Date">FF686868</color>
    <
color name="RSSBody">FF2e2e2e</color>
    <
color name="RSSHighlight">FF2e2e2e</color>
    <
color name="RSSHeadline">FF2e2e2e</color

The name="" field is a hint to where it's used, for instance Time would be used to present the clock. Some might be hard to figure out, but change them to an odd color and look about your skin. If you can't find it, you probably don't use the part of the skin that has that color, or it's used in a dialog that only comes up at certain times, like when you rescan your library.

If you change those values (FF686868 etc.), you change the colors of the skin. It's read as AARRGGBB where AA is alpha, meaning transparency, FF being full visibility and 00 being invisible, or fully transparent. Then the RR being red channel, GG green channel and BB blue channel. Play around with the values, or use photoshop or similar programs and get the hex value from there. Be sure to add the AA part first though, 'cause most programs don't. Then refresh your skin (easiest way is to open up your keymap.xml file inside userdata/keymaps/ and bind a button inside the correct part (I use F5 on my keyboard) to ReloadSkin(), like this:
PHP Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <
keyboard>
      ...[
snip]...
      <
f5>ReloadSkin()</f5>
      ...[
snip...
    </
keyboard>
  </global>
</
keymap

Then press F5 to reload the skin after you've changed a value and saved the file. Be sure to backup first. Smile

Malexx Wrote:Edit: I know there are infos here anywhere on the forum but iam not able to find them,its a pure mess for me fo find some usefull things here ... possible iam just to stupid to use the search function in its proper way.

Yeah, it sucks, but I use google to search instead:
Quote:site:forum.xbmc.org <query>
seems to work better.
thanks for your clear answer.
i will give it a go.
If something nice comes out i post it.
This is probably a silly question, but I was trying to change Favourites to Favorites, and I edited strings.xml but I still see Favourites listed throughout the Alaska Skin Mod. Where else should I modify it?
It's from XBMC's string.xml

https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...trings.xml
Is it possible to implement the thumbnails in the landscape view like the mod for the original Alaska posted in this thread?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70101
I've tried to use Add-On manager in RC4 but it never installs... other skins work fine.

Anyone else having this issue?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited Mod (Unicode support)0