Newb questions...
To: Hitcher, before asking anything I'd just like to say that your skin is fantastic. I do not have much to give, but I have gladly given to Megan's Quest as you have requested. Also please do excuse the English, I am not a native speaker.

I do have a few small (I think) questions though, I am using the Unicode mod. I have tried Google search and forum search but I do not seem to be able to answer these. Or perhaps I am just quite stupid!

1) Where, if anywhere, are the flags located? I have found reference in the xml files to hdtv.png files etc. but have been unable to locate them in %appdata% or Program Files (Win 7). I found a post stating that the flags relied on there being either a /studio or /flags directory, but I am unable to find these. I assume they must exist somewhere, as some files show with flags? It would be excellent to fix the gaps in my library.

2) Is it possible to remove the star ratings and/or the age classification from the skin views, through the xml edits? Sort of a 'half' version of the 'Hide Media Info' option.

3) Are trailers supposed to work automatically? I see an option for them in the view menu, but it is 'greyed' out. Searching the 'Alaska' forum says a lot about the Apple trailer add-on, which I have installed from the XBMC Official Add-ons section.

4) There are some titles (example: Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Darkside) that do not have enough space. In this example, 'side' is cut off. Is there an edit I can make to reduce this size to fit? Similarly, under the 'Info' view, the 'Starring' field can sometimes be too small for the information from the scrapers.

5) Is there danger in me editing xml to remove profiles?

Thank you again for your skins, and I hope these questions are not too much trouble!
Firstly thanks for your donation.

1. Skins are stored in %appdata% XBMC/addons/ but you wont find the flags as they're stored in the texture.xbt. If you want to use the uncompressed textures then you'll need to use the SVN Checkout

2. You'll have to edit the Includes_MediaFlags.xml and remove the relevant control groups.

3. The Trailer option is greyed out if there are no local trailer stored with your video or if there are no valid URL links scraped. Ember Media Manager can help in organising your trailers for you.

4. Please post screen shots so I can fix any positioning/sizing problems (they're caused because the original code used different fonts and I don't have the time to check every single window).

5. Not sure what you mean but there is an option to hide Profiles.
1. 2. 3) Thank you for your guidance!

4) Here you can see the starring cut-off problem:

I can see them all by changing from plot to cast, but obviously it is then one box repeating what the one above says and does not look so 'clean' to me.

Here you can see 'Side' cut off in the 'Poster Fixed' viewing menu. I think it is because 'something' cannot wrap, because it seems to be good for other long titles:

5) I use the home horizontal, and there does not appear a 'profiles off' option under 'Alaska' -> 'Home'
4.a That's weird because I can't reproduce it - what resolution are you using?

4.b That control is a textbox hence the problem with very long names - I have widened it a bit for the next update.

5. I added that yesterday for the other Alaska's but forgot to do this one. It'll be done for the next update.
Oh, excellent on the updates Smile The resolution is 1080p, for 4a.

Also, could you tell me - is it possible for me to take the flag bits etc from the SVN link, and just place them in the directory? I have made some xml edits and would not like to re-do them all.
No because the texture.xbt will override them.

Also, if you're missing studios or making new ones then please post in them in the studio flag thread so we can all benefit.

Studio/Network Logos Repository

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newb questions...0