• 272(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
It's still not working for me, I get this:
Code:
22:07:55 T:2388  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:07:55 T:2388  NOTICE: Loading cookies from :'C:\\Users\\SpAiK\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.youtube\\yt-cookiejar.txt'
22:07:55 T:2388  NOTICE: YouTube-4.4.6
22:07:55 T:2388  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-2.5.1
22:08:00 T:2388   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf3' in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\SpAiK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 120, in <module>
                                                navigation.executeAction(params)
                                              File "C:\Users\SpAiK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeNavigation.py", line 122, in executeAction
                                                self.login.login(params)
                                              File "C:\Users\SpAiK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 75, in login
                                                result, status = self.authorize()
                                              File "C:\Users\SpAiK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 85, in authorize
                                                (result, status) = self._httpLogin({"new": "true"})
                                              File "C:\Users\SpAiK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 183, in _httpLogin
                                                ret = self.core._fetchPage(fetch_options)
                                              File "C:\Users\SpAiK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeCore.py", line 400, in _fetchPage
                                                request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(get("url_data")))
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 1326, in urlencode
                                                v = quote_plus(str(v))
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf3' in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
22:08:00 T:5792   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=settings&path=%2froot%2flogin
22:08:00 T:5792   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=settings&path=%2froot%2flogin) failed
22:08:00 T:6208  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

I've uninstalled Youtube addon first and then XBMC and installed all again (Gotham beta3) for no luck. I'm also having the same issue on my android box with Frodo 12.3.
(2014-04-14, 14:40)sogopot Wrote: UNOFFICIAL FIXED REVISION 4.14.14

I integrated several fixes to hopefully provide a mostly working YouTube and Vimeo addon. This may not work for all countries or devices. I’ve tested this on a Windows 7 PC in XBMC Gotham and the following issues are resolved on my end in the USA with this YouTube revision...
  • Logon working
  • VEVO, as well as other video issues now working
  • Live streams working
2-Step Verification is probably not working. If you have 2-Step enabled, try disabling it, then logging into your XBMC YouTube account, make sure it’s working, then turn 2-Step Verification back on. That might work.

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9e8x391...ns_4.14.14

To install, first uninstall your addon, then manually install this addon from System>Addons>Install from zip file.

Delete the cookie "yt-cookiejar.txt" located in the following folder: xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube. For windows user's, you'll find the xbmc folder in C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Roaming.

IMPORTANT: If the fixes provided in this addon are not working after installation, try uninstalling XBMC, and delete your XBMC profile. Then re-install. I had issues where XBMC kept re-installing the prior plugin revision, and doing a complete uninstall resolved that problem.

If you’re still experiencing problems, post your specific problem, your country, XBMC version, and device you’re running XBMC on.

Thanks to all that fix and post ways to resolve broken addons

LIST OF FIXES APPLIED

YOUTUBE FIXES
  • To solve the login problems, I added the fix from this post: Reply #52. If you continue to have login problems, you may have to find a different fix.
  • To fix a problem with VEVO videos not playing, as well as certain videos added to favorites not playing, I added the YouTubePlayer.py from this post: Reply #217
  • To fix a problem with LIVE streams not playing, I compared an addon sent to from member RedPenguin, and found a duplicated entry at line 362 & 363 and replaced with the necessary code in YouTubePlayer.py.
VIMEO FIXES
  • To get Vimeo working in Gotham Beta 2 I added the fixes found in this post: Post #256, and added the VimeoPlayer.py found in this post: Post #240

Why totally remove xbmc while you can simply clear the addon from your userdata?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Quote:Why totally remove xbmc while you can simply clear the addon from your userdata?

I tried that (deleted both the plugin folder and the plugin folder from the addon_data folder) . For some reason it wasn't applying the revised YouTubePlayer.py file. It kept installing the older revision, which I verified by reviewing the installed version. Only by doing a complete uninstall, and deletion of my profile, did it install the revised plugin properly.

I would only reccomend a complete uninstall as a last resort if the fixes aren't working after installing the revised plugin.
Why totally remove xbmc while you can simply clear the addon from your userdata?
[/quote]

I tried that. For some reason it wasn't applying the revised YouTubePlayer.py file. It kept installing the older revision, which I verified by reviewing the installed version. Only by doing a complete uninstall, and deletion of my profile, did it install the revised plugin properly.

I would only reccomend a complete uninstall as a last resort if the fixes aren't working.
[/quote]

Because the zip is still the same name as previous zip file. You need to remove it from the packages folder located in your userdata. Telling people to totally wipe xbmc is totally stupid and irresponsible.

You should only wipe it if you have anything from xbmchub, superrepo or xunity or whatever they are named nowadays to get rid of their crap.
(2014-04-14, 22:35)Martijn Wrote: Because the zip is still the same name as previous zip file. You need to remove it from the packages folder located in your userdata. Telling people to totally wipe xbmc is totally stupid and irresponsible.

You should only wipe it if you have anything from xbmchub, superrepo or xunity or whatever they are named nowadays to get rid of their crap.

Ahhh, did'nt know about the packages folder. I'll revise my original post and remove the uninstall part, and replace with "delete the plugin zip from the packages folder".

would that be a more appropriate form of troubleshooting?
@sogopot Your file is working great now.

Thank's for combining all the fixes.

I now can basically enjoy every part of YouTube (favorites, subscriptions, VEVO, & Live).

I don't think I could possibly ask for more Smile.
Hi all,
I have an easy fix for this problem:
1. locate the plugin.video.youtube folder in the add-ons folder (in Windows it's in appdata, and on mac it's in Application support).
2. replace the YoutubeLogin.py file with the file at the following link: http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/iss...ail?id=115 (it's post number 32).
3. all done !
Well, I finally fixed the problem in both Android and Windows doing this:

(2014-04-08, 19:25)peto Wrote: There is, for Youtube at least :
1. overwrite your existing plugin files with those : http://www.mediafire.com/download/m4i7dj...outube.zip
2. then overwrite again with those : http://ulozto.net/xSvJm6MB/youtube-fix-zip
3. delete the yt-cookiejar.txt
4. profit

Works here Smile

I don't know why it didn't work with sogopot's unofficial fixed revision, but I suspect it may be because it was using the same package so I think it has to be deleted from packages folder before installing the new one. Anyway thanks to everyone that helped.
Thx for the fix, gonna try now hoping it'll work

edit : well nothing is working.
When i login no video will work. So i delete the cookie file, videos are working again BUT if i try to watch a video that require login, it won't work and any video that were working before won't work anymore.
I have to delete the cookie file again for it to work (except the videos that require login).

I'm out of ideas and i've tried every fix i could find.

I don't use 2 step auth btw (or at least i don't think i do since i don't know what it is).
Im losing my mind with this problem. For quite sometime there has been problems with youtube plugin and i have tried fixes that are in this topic. I have tried today again sogopot´s fix with both Frodo and Gotham beta 3. No luck, cant login (script failed). Computer is running windows 8.

For some reason on my old computer that is running windows 7, Eden and 3.4.4 youtube plugin everything worked fine until couple of days ago videos stop playing. I still can login to youtube with that computer, videos just wont play.

I live in Finland is that got something to do with this.

Please help me, i cant understand how hard it is to get working youtube plugin to XBMC. Thanks!
EDIT:

Sogopot, thanks for your work on this.

It's a shame Team XBMC doesnt have a better system for incorporating these things in the absence of key people.
(2014-04-18, 03:27)bluenote Wrote: EDIT:

It's a shame Team XBMC doesnt have a better system for incorporating these things in the absence of key people.

Sucks man. We politely asked for some official status here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=189839 and on Reddit. We got completely ignored. I would be fine with a "development has stopped, you're on your own." Nope nothing.
Thanks Sogopot for your fix. For me all is working.

It's Open-source so read here: Submitting Add-ons (wiki)
As long as no one actually takes any action we won't do anything
(2014-04-18, 13:33)Martijn Wrote:

It's Open-source so read here: Submitting Add-ons (wiki)
As long as no one actually takes any action we won't do anything

36 rolls, this ought to cover it
  • 272(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28