• 294(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
is downloading working for anyone?
For the life of me, it has been ages since I got this to work properly.
If I dont try to login or authenticate, the addon plays videos just fine.
When I authenticate, it succeeds - it downloads all my data, including my uploads, favourites, etc. But then I cannot play any videos - even from bestofyoutube addon or via explore menu in YouTube addon.

Only way to get it to play again is delete the userdata folder for the addon.

Any tips on this? No idea what to try anymore...
(2013-10-22, 05:35)quaternio Wrote: I found a solution for my inability to login to Youtube through the plugin (and boy, was it a pain!). This is for people who have already attached their Youtube account to a Google+ ACCOUNT (as opposed to a Google+ page). Basically, we will be detaching your YT account from your G+ account, and then we will reattach said YT account to a G+ page. Thanks to taliz's post, which helped me deduce what was necessary for this fix.

If you are sure that your YT is not associated with a G+ account, my solution probably won't help you (unless maybe if you choose to create a G+ account, then create a page to associate with your YT account). If you are sure that your YT account is already associated with a G+ PAGE, just skip to step #8 and this should work for you.

This solution will not require deleting your G+ account or any pages already associated with it. Warning: after 14 days, your YT account will be permanently associated with said page (or so the warning dialog claims after doing this).

1) Login to Youtube on a web browser.
2) Click your account in the top right area, then select "Youtube settings" under the YouTube column.
3) In overview, select Advanced (or go to youtube.com/account_advanced)
4) Here, there should be an option to disconnect your channel from your Google+ account, click that and click okay/accept on the next page.
5) Go back to youtube.com/account_advanced as described before.
6) Click the button that says "Connect with a Google+ Page"
7) Choose an existing page or create a new page (DO NOT associate it with your ACCOUNT; and remember, this may be permanent, so choose a page name with which you will be happy)
*At this point, you should be given a login name with a format like <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com ; if not, you should receive it in an email. You will need this to login to Youtube XBMC plugin.
**From here, you have to add a password to your new page-associated version of your channel. I did the following:
8) Go to Google+ (plus.google.com)
9) In the dashboard (hover over Home), select "Pages" and choose "Manage this Page" for the page that you associated with your YT account.
10) Choose "Settings" in the bar at the top of the webpage
11) Scroll down and in the "Third Party Tools" category, click "Set up a password"
12) Create a password
13) Finally, use your <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com and newly created password as your login credentials in the YouTube XBMC plugin (replacing "<page-name><unique#>" with your unique login)

I hope this helps those who have yet to find a solution.

I am just wondering if anyone can help me with this. Ive tried the above steps with no success. ive tried my regular username, the custom google plus one (both with the whole @pages.plusgoogle.com and without), nothing is working. this was working for me up until a couple days ago, even with the google+ integration. my youtube version is 3.4.6, which it does not offer me any updates. im not sure which xbmc version it is as I am not a mac user - my brother set it up for me to use for streaming.

I love being logged in to my youtube account on it because I would use my computer to select videos to "watch later", then go in on my xbmc (which i use as my tv essentially, no cable or satelite hooked up) then i could watch those watch later videos without having to search for them using the manual pain in the butt keyboard.

If anyone could help me as far as why its not working anymore, that would be great. I already was attached to a google+ account before, and didnt try disassociating and reassociating until it stopped working. i had to use google plus in order to comment while on the computer (with real keyboard).

Any help would be great. maybe it does just need updated but that doesnt explain why it would randomly stop working when google+ was already integrated with my account with no issues. and actually, i didnt log out on xbmc either, im not too sure what exactly happened.

ETA: The addon itself does work. I can still search manually for videos to watch and the internet is still working. so its nothing connection related.
(2014-08-03, 12:17)Jaco2k Wrote: For the life of me, it has been ages since I got this to work properly.
If I dont try to login or authenticate, the addon plays videos just fine.
When I authenticate, it succeeds - it downloads all my data, including my uploads, favourites, etc. But then I cannot play any videos - even from bestofyoutube addon or via explore menu in YouTube addon.

Only way to get it to play again is delete the userdata folder for the addon.

Any tips on this? No idea what to try anymore...

Bump and just to say that I am on the latest version of everything (nightly XBMC and latest YouTube addon including the fixes.
Hi All, please can you confirm that playlists, favorites, uploaded videos and subscriptions are working for you in add-on. I just cannot get them to work, every time I want to access that folders I get "No Results!"
All help highly appreciated.
Delete me.
getting script errors
Nope I cant even get logged in - been waiting for help on it, its a few posts up
Have you tried this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVR1m6viAHE

Have you tried the other youtube add-on? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200735
Its a work in progress, but a lot is already in place. I had to create an app password, and use that to login with. App password thus not work with this add-on (whos thread we are currently in).
What an amazing addon Crowly. Its possibly atleast twice as fast! and it has bigger thumbnails in thumbnail view which makes it look nice. It took one video for me to change this as my youtube addon. I thank HenrikDK for the original addon but for a fundamental addon a dev IMHO should be around once in a while.

I propose this addon to take over as the official addon. Considering a bromix(the Developer of the new youtube addon) seems like he will be around and wants to keep improving the addon. Well done bromix and thankyou Crowly for the find.
For those of us who arent mac users or avid xbmc users (aside from working the menus to actually watch stuff) - how would i go about trying this other addon for youtube?? How would i have it cancel out my current one?
There is a link to his repository in the very first post in the thread. Add the repository and then add the addon like you would any other.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Don't know what has changed recently, but I was finally able to login with the same username/password that had been failing for the last ... well... since beginning. It worked!
Hi,

sorry if this is a repost, but my digging around this forum and the internet didn't gave result... I have a problem with the YouTube plugin - a few days ago I made a YouTube account so that I can connect it to XBMC and watch custom made playlists. The YouTube plugin connects to my account both on my computer (which runs XBMC on Lubuntu), and on a media center device which came with XBMC preinstalled (both with Frodo and latest version of the plugin). It loaded the playlist I made without a problem, and played the videos in it. Then I deleted this playlist and today I made a new one with the same name, but with different videos in it. Alas, XBMC shows me the old content of the playlist with the old videos that I included as a test. I made a second playlist to check whether it will appear along with the old one, but it did not. The videos play, so lack of connection is not the explanation. All that gives me the conclusion that XBMC fails to retrieve the playlists and uses some kind of local cache. The log does not show errors or failures of some kind. What could be done to fix that (I am aware that the problem may be in the YouTube account configuration, and not in XBMC itself). The problem is present both on the computer and the media center device.

Thank you in advance, and if this is not the place for my question, please move it to a more appropriate thread.

EDIT: It turned out that I created the new playlist under some kind of alias (it can be switched when you click on the icon in the upper right corner) - I recreated the playlist under the normal account and now it is visible.
Version 4.4.10 fixed the video play issue. However quality content stucks to 720p max.

I changed quality setting to "Ask", upon opening the video the selection list only has up to 720. There is no 1080p or 2160p (4k). (I watched on Youtube and there's 4K available for the video).

Dev may need to add something to this list https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc...ePlayer.py to support 4k and 1440p
  • 294(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28