• 209(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
Any takers, please? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1375822
If anyone is still having issues with the Youtube stating "unable to locate video url" after downloading the latest patch, this worked for me :

youtube plugin version : 4.4.1b (with patched YouTubePlayer.py)
xbmc : frodo

Changed line : 297 from

pattern = "yt.playerConfig\s*=\s*({.*});"

to

pattern = "ytplayer.config\s*=\s*({.*});

Hope that helps, maybe there is a newer update I am unaware of that fixes this but I was unable to download the plugin via XBMC (another problem...) so I installed the latest I could find (4.4.1b) and this problem persisted. Hope it helps someone.

Cheers.
Thanks Bro, your workaround does work for watching youtube vids on the youtube addon, but it's NOT working when you try to view those same vids using LivesStreams Sad And btw, ver 4.4.4 is out and exhibits the same behavior. It works fine on YT addon, but comes back with "playback failed: unable to locate video url" error or just turns for a while then gives you a "playback failed" error when trying to view a YT vid on LiveStreams Sad
I fail to log in my youtube account on iPad with youtube plugin of XBMC.
Why?
My youtube account has already been connected with google account. I could brouse youtube with this plugin and succeeded in login on PC.
I also tried two step verification, still failed.
I've started to get an issue with downloads where it says 'preparing download' constantly and gets stuck and won't go away even when I quit out the youtube app. It forces a restart of xbmc. The download feature is really useful so any chance it could be fixed?
Hi!

Just updated to v4.4.4 (on Ubuntu 12.04 with XBMC 12.1). All is well when I search and play videos directly from the addon itself. However, the plugin now often causes XBMC to crash (hangs - becomes unresponsive) when I send a link over the network, for instance using the Yatse Remote or my OS X Dashboard Remote. This especially happens (i.e. most easy to reproduce) when a video is already playing and I then send another link to the plugin, but it also happens when nothing's playing yet.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

UPDATE:
I now also tried it on a clean account with "fresh" settings - same result as above. Next, I tested the plugin on my Mac - here everything seems to be fine!

So it seems that my issue is either specific to Ubuntu/Linux or my particular installation? Anyone else?

Link to a debug log that ends with a crash: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26006009/xbmc_yt_error.log
You tube plug in been working fine till recently (noticed this week) now when I use the plug in it cant log in to you tube with my user name and password I get a message saying name and password correct but no longer supports log in via user name........ so i cant access all my you tube favorites etc .

I uninstalled the plug in and associated files and re installed no better..

Anyone had this and can help me??

paul
(2013-03-26, 19:50)psburley Wrote: You tube plug in been working fine till recently (noticed this week) now when I use the plug in it cant log in to you tube with my user name and password I get a message saying name and password correct but no longer supports log in via user name........ so i cant access all my you tube favorites etc .

I uninstalled the plug in and associated files and re installed no better..

Anyone had this and can help me??

paul

Try logging in with registered youtube email instead of username.
(2013-03-25, 03:19)pmolson Wrote: Thanks Bro, your workaround does work for watching youtube vids on the youtube addon, but it's NOT working when you try to view those same vids using LivesStreams Sad And btw, ver 4.4.4 is out and exhibits the same behavior. It works fine on YT addon, but comes back with "playback failed: unable to locate video url" error or just turns for a while then gives you a "playback failed" error when trying to view a YT vid on LiveStreams Sad
Same problem here. Can play this fine on my PC but add it to my liked videos and I can't play it from the YT add-on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e93MaEwrsfc
KingsCross - thanks thats worked I never thought of that as I have always used user name and its been fine - something must have changed in past week or so... Thanks !!!
Anyone any comments/ideas on the issue I posted yesterday? (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1377872 / Post: #3126)

I did some more digging and found a post on OpenELEC describing the EXACT same issue that I'm having, so it seems to be an issue with the XBMC/Youtube addon, possibly linux only (can't reproduce the XBMC crash on OS X).

Here's a link to the OpenELEC post: http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/6304...-xbmc-hang
(2013-03-25, 08:06)Xubangwei Wrote: I fail to log in my youtube account on iPad with youtube plugin of XBMC.
Why?
My youtube account has already been connected with google account. I could brouse youtube with this plugin and succeeded in login on PC.

Has anyone encountered same issue with me? I wrote to YouTube Support and got following reply:
"I understand that you are trying to access a YouTube application on your iPad. You could also be attempting to access your YouTube account through third-party software such as iMovie, Adobe Premiere, or video game services. Please follow the steps below for troubleshooting tips:

1. Check to make sure you can sign into your YouTube account on a computer. If you are able to sign in to your account successfully, use this same password when entering the log-in credentials on your device or third-party software.

2. Note that the log-in credentials for certain applications may require you to enter the email address associated with your YouTube account instead of your YouTube username.

3. If you have multiple accounts on your device, try resetting or clearing the YouTube application data, then try signing in again.

4. If you enabled 2 step verification on the Google Account linked with your YouTube account, you will need to enter an application-specific password: http://www.google.com/support/accounts/b...ic=1056286

5. If you're still having trouble after following these tips, I encourage you to contact the manufacturer of your device or the developer of your software for further assistance."
I tried above steps, still failed to log in on iPad. Is this a bug for the plugin or any other proposal?
(2013-03-28, 02:50)Xubangwei Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 08:06)Xubangwei Wrote: I fail to log in my youtube account on iPad with youtube plugin of XBMC.
Why?

Has anyone encountered same issue with me? I wrote to YouTube Support and got following reply:
"I understand that you are trying to access a YouTube application on your iPad. You could also be attempting to access your YouTube account through third-party software such as iMovie, Adobe Premiere, or video game services. Please follow the steps below for troubleshooting tips:

1. Check to make sure you can sign into your YouTube account on a computer. If you are able to sign in to your account successfully, use this same password when entering the log-in credentials on your device or third-party software.

2. Note that the log-in credentials for certain applications may require you to enter the email address associated with your YouTube account instead of your YouTube username.

3. If you have multiple accounts on your device, try resetting or clearing the YouTube application data, then try signing in again.

4. If you enabled 2 step verification on the Google Account linked with your YouTube account, you will need to enter an application-specific password: http://www.google.com/support/accounts/b...ic=1056286

5. If you're still having trouble after following these tips, I encourage you to contact the manufacturer of your device or the developer of your software for further assistance."
I tried above steps, still failed to log in on iPad. Is this a bug for the plugin or any other proposal?

For XBMC.log, please refer to http://pastebin.com/MR5vhRLX.
Your help would be welcomed.
unable to play most of live channels on ipad2, getting h264 codec error, is that expected for ipad ?
The same here, xbmc 12.1 for windows and xbmc openelec 3.0.0 for raspberry pi.

(2013-03-25, 12:37)KingsCross Wrote: I've started to get an issue with downloads where it says 'preparing download' constantly and gets stuck and won't go away even when I quit out the youtube app. It forces a restart of xbmc. The download feature is really useful so any chance it could be fixed?
  • 209(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28