• 271(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
(2014-04-08, 22:22)Bazzu85 Wrote:
(2014-04-08, 19:25)peto Wrote: There is, for Youtube at least :
1. overwrite your existing plugin files with those : http://www.mediafire.com/download/m4i7dj...outube.zip
2. then overwrite again with those : http://ulozto.net/xSvJm6MB/youtube-fix-zip
3. delete the yt-cookiejar.txt
4. profit

Works here Smile

worked for me..
this can be fixed in next official version?

only one thing..

opening video is very slow..only for me?

thx

edit:
download functionality seems don't work..

so... is there any other source for download besides a random user with 1 post?
Those user should report at the proper place with their fixes so every one benefits.

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Is there some trick to getting YouTube Live to work?

I've seen folks on this forum claiming YouTube live still works.

Yet I have tried the 100% offical XBMC add-on and tried some of the random fixes and I still can't get a single YouTube Live stream to play.

I am using Win 8.1 with Frodo 12.3.

I also can't get my Linux Apple TV with 12.3 to play anything either.

I tried setting it to 720p max.

I am trying to play The Young Turks live stream but any other one I try also fails.
(2014-04-08, 19:25)peto Wrote: There is, for Youtube at least :
1. overwrite your existing plugin files with those : http://www.mediafire.com/download/m4i7dj...outube.zip
2. then overwrite again with those : http://ulozto.net/xSvJm6MB/youtube-fix-zip
3. delete the yt-cookiejar.txt
4. profit

Works here Smile

Thanks a lot for your solution. My YouTube plugin stopped working a few days ago. With these fixes is now back!

So happy....
Big Grin
Hi there,
Loving the addon. Hoping someone may have experienced this...

I have a few Music Video PLaylists I like to throw on Shuffle.
Every time I start the playlist in shuffle, it does shuffle but always plays them in the same order as last time from the start.
Is there a way to truely randomize the playlist or pick up from where I was last watching? I'm guessing it just means whatever angorithm shuffles the playlist needs to be extended a bit.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
I figured out my issue somewhat.

If I use the completely original plugin (from a RasPi's Raspbmc, it plays YouTube live perfectly).

Yet it refuses to login no matter what I do.

Logging in worked with these:

http://ulozto.net/xSvJm6MB/youtube-fix-zip

Yet then I can't seem to get YouTube Live to work with those.
Why isn't everyone just doing the below to fix your login issues? It's a much easier fix than all this other downloading replace this replace that stuff.

(2014-03-19, 18:42)sogopot Wrote: Couple of days ago, this script started to fail upon logging in. The simplest fix that worked for me was the following...

Code:
"Find on your computer and open (eg with wordpad) the file: YouTubeLogin.py
Look for text string: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "p", attrs={"class": "masthead-expanded-acct-sw-id2"})

Replace that with: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "span", attrs={"id": "yt-masthead-user-displayname"})

Save and Exit"

AND

Remove the cookie (yt-cookiejar.txt) in .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/

restart and re-login

This was originally posted on http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/iss...id=115#c52
(2014-04-12, 21:50)nerdstalker Wrote: Why isn't everyone just doing the below to fix your login issues? It's a much easier fix than all this other downloading replace this replace that stuff.

(2014-03-19, 18:42)sogopot Wrote: Couple of days ago, this script started to fail upon logging in. The simplest fix that worked for me was the following...

Code:
"Find on your computer and open (eg with wordpad) the file: YouTubeLogin.py
Look for text string: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "p", attrs={"class": "masthead-expanded-acct-sw-id2"})

Replace that with: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "span", attrs={"id": "yt-masthead-user-displayname"})

Save and Exit"

AND

Remove the cookie (yt-cookiejar.txt) in .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/

restart and re-login

This was originally posted on http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/iss...id=115#c52

If anybody wants a working YouTube with login and live follow these steps:

First do the edit nerdstalker quoted of what sogopot said in the previous post. This will allow you to login toYoutube.

Then watch this YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVR1m6viAHE (taken from http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/iss...colspec=ID Type Status Priority Milestone Owner Summary&groupby=&sort=&id=108#makechanges)

Follow the instructions, choosing which "YouTube Acccount" you want.

After doing these 2 steps, I have a perfectly working YouTube plugin.

Thanks again everybody for all these steps.
(2014-03-20, 15:11)sogopot Wrote: I integrated the fixes to get the YouTube and Vimeo addon working in Gotham Beta 2. I uploaded the addons with the fixes. Just uninstall your current addons and manually re-install with the fixed addons. For the YouTube addon, it's advised to delete the cookie "yt-cookiejar.txt" located in the following folder: xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube. For windows user's, you'll find the xbmc folder in C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Roaming.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ie3ammajgrc2o/xbmc_addons

LIST OF FIXES APPLIED

YOUTUBE FIXES
  • To solve the login problems, I added the fix from this post: Reply #52. If you continue to have login problems, you may have to find a different fix.
  • To fix a problem with VEVO videos not playing, as well as certain videos added to favorites not playing, I added the YouTubePlayer.py from this post: Reply #217
VIMEO FIXES
  • To get Vimeo working in Gotham Beta 2 I added the fixes found in this post: Post #256, and added the VimeoPlayer.py found in this post: Post #240
Thanks to all that fix and post ways to resolve broken addons Big Grin
Instead of recommending the text post of the fix I copied and posted from the debug page. Try manually installing the addon I posted, which is linked in the above quoted post. The addon I posted has the logon fix you're all talking about integrated, plus it also has the VEVO fix integrated, so it does more than just fix the login issues, it also fixes the issues where VEVO and other videos would not play.

The fix might not work for all, but give it a try, it's been working perfectly for me on my Windows 7 HTPC in Gotham Beat 3, plus many others are reporting it works on their different streaming devices. You might also want to try completely uninstalling XBMC and deleting your profile if thats not too much of a hassle.

If you have 2-step verification enabled, try first turning it off, then login to XBMC YouTube, then turn 2-step back on. That worked for me on a Windows 7 HTPC.
(2014-04-14, 05:07)sogopot Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 15:11)sogopot Wrote: I integrated the fixes to get the YouTube and Vimeo addon working in Gotham Beta 2. I uploaded the addons with the fixes. Just uninstall your current addons and manually re-install with the fixed addons. For the YouTube addon, it's advised to delete the cookie "yt-cookiejar.txt" located in the following folder: xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube. For windows user's, you'll find the xbmc folder in C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Roaming.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ie3ammajgrc2o/xbmc_addons

LIST OF FIXES APPLIED

YOUTUBE FIXES
  • To solve the login problems, I added the fix from this post: Reply #52. If you continue to have login problems, you may have to find a different fix.
  • To fix a problem with VEVO videos not playing, as well as certain videos added to favorites not playing, I added the YouTubePlayer.py from this post: Reply #217
VIMEO FIXES
  • To get Vimeo working in Gotham Beta 2 I added the fixes found in this post: Post #256, and added the VimeoPlayer.py found in this post: Post #240
Thanks to all that fix and post ways to resolve broken addons Big Grin
Instead of recommending the text post of the fix I copied and posted from the debug page. Try manually installing the addon I posted, which is linked in the above quoted post. The addon I posted has the logon fix you're all talking about integrated, plus it also has the VEVO fix integrated, so it does more than just fix the login issues, it also fixes the issues where VEVO and other videos would not play.

The fix might not work for all, but give it a try, it's been working perfectly for me on my Windows 7 HTPC in Gotham Beat 3, plus many others are reporting it works on their different streaming devices. You might also want to try completely uninstalling XBMC and deleting your profile if thats not too much of a hassle.

If you have 2-step verification enabled, try first turning it off, then login to XBMC YouTube, then turn 2-step back on. That worked for me on a Windows 7 HTPC.

I did try your version before but it refused to allow YouTube Live to work. (I need for Young Turks) but other than that, worked great.
(2014-04-14, 05:07)sogopot Wrote: (I need for Young Turks) but other than that, worked great.

Ya, I haven't seen a fix for LIVE to work. If you do find a fix, let me know and I'll add it into the posted addons. Right now, we need to be happy there's at least a working version of this addon that mostly works.
(2014-04-14, 08:31)sogopot Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 05:07)sogopot Wrote: (I need for Young Turks) but other than that, worked great.

Ya, I haven't seen a fix for LIVE to work. If you do find a fix, let me know and I'll add it into the posted addons. Right now, we need to be happy there's at least a working version of this addon that mostly works.

Well for some reason, the plugin files from Raspbmc (for RasPi) Live actually works.

That's why I suggested what I did above.

For some reason if you take the plugin files from the RasPi, put in the login fix, and follow the YouTube video, it all works.

Yet the VEVO fails.

I can send the files from the Rasbmc, if you think you can figure out why Live works. I'm not completely sure what to look for.
UNOFFICIAL FIXED REVISION 4.14.14

I integrated several fixes to hopefully provide a mostly working YouTube and Vimeo addon. This may not work for all countries or devices. I’ve tested this on a Windows 7 PC in XBMC Gotham and the following issues are resolved on my end in the USA with this YouTube revision...
  • Logon working
  • VEVO, as well as other video issues now working
  • Live streams working
2-Step Verification is probably not working. If you have 2-Step enabled, try disabling it, then logging into your XBMC YouTube account, make sure it’s working, then turn 2-Step Verification back on. That might work.

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/i5k0ua5...ns_4.23.14

To install, first uninstall your addon, then manually install this addon from System>Addons>Install from zip file.

Delete the cookie "yt-cookiejar.txt" located in the following folder: xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube. For windows user's, you'll find the xbmc folder in C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Roaming.

TROUBLESHOOTING:

LINUX
If you're running this on a linux based system, it's possible your curl is outdated causing issues. Check this post for more information --> LINK.

WINDOWS

1. If you first installed this plugin from the repository, and the revised addon does not work, it's possible XBMC isn't overwriting the original plugin package. Delete the original plugin package, and associated install files to ensure the revised plugin installs properly.
  2. First, enter the following into the Windows Start Menu search box: %appdata%\XBMC\addons\packages This will open the packages folder. Now, delete any instance of the file named: plugin.video.youtube
  3. Next, open the addons folder by entering %appdata%\XBMC\addons\ Look for a folder named: plugin.video.youtube. If that folder exists, then delete the folder.
  4. Next, open the addon_data folder by entering %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data Look for a folder named: plugin.video.youtube. If that folder exists, then delete the folder.
  5. Last, install the plugin manually by starting XBMC, then go to Settings>Addons>Install from zip
  6. After install, enter your YouTube username and password to see if it works.

Thanks to all that fix and post ways to resolve broken addons

LIST OF FIXES APPLIED

YOUTUBE FIXES
  • To fix a problem with LIVE streams not playing, I compared an addon sent to from member RedPenguin, and found a duplicated entry at line 362 & 363 and replaced with the necessary code in YouTubePlayer.py.
VIMEO FIXES
edit.
(2014-04-14, 14:40)sogopot Wrote: UNOFFICIAL FIXED REVISION 4.14.14

I integrated several fixes to hopefully provide a mostly working YouTube and Vimeo addon. This may not work for all countries or devices. I’ve tested this on a Windows 7 PC in XBMC Gotham and the following issues are resolved on my end in the USA with this YouTube revision...
  • Logon working
  • VEVO, as well as other video issues now working
  • Live streams working
2-Step Verification is probably not working. If you have 2-Step enabled, try disabling it, then logging into your XBMC YouTube account, make sure it’s working, then turn 2-Step Verification back on. That might work.

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9e8x391...ns_4.14.14

To install, first uninstall your addon, then manually install this addon from System>Addons>Install from zip file.

Delete the cookie "yt-cookiejar.txt" located in the following folder: xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube. For windows user's, you'll find the xbmc folder in C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Roaming.

IMPORTANT: If the fixes provided in this addon are not working after installation, try uninstalling XBMC, and delete your XBMC profile. Then re-install. I had issues where XBMC kept re-installing the prior plugin revision, and doing a complete uninstall resolved that problem.

If you’re still experiencing problems, post your specific problem, your country, XBMC version, and device you’re running XBMC on.

Thanks to all that fix and post ways to resolve broken addons

LIST OF FIXES APPLIED

YOUTUBE FIXES
  • To fix a problem with LIVE streams not playing, I compared an addon sent to from member RedPenguin, and found a duplicated entry at line 362 & 363 and replaced with the necessary code in YouTubePlayer.py.
VIMEO FIXES

Totally awesome Smile. Sure beats me manually having to copy folders over to each device of mine Smile. Thanks again for implenting said fix for Live Smile.
  • 271(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28