[RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.18 Average
bac522 Offline
(Yesterday 14:14)Isegrim Wrote:  To be honest.. I'm tired of the YouTube app for XBMC.
I couldn't agree more and the one time I put a bug in about youtube problem, got rude responses from developers...I know all the developers do this for free in their spare time, but no reason to be rude about it.

Quote:Actually I use an Andoid app called "Yatse" for sending/queing YT Links to XBMC. Works perfectly with frodo (only).
This is what I do as well, works great with Gotham too. Also for Android, you can use an app called Twonky Beam.
find quote
gott_sei_dank Offline
(Yesterday 14:14)Isegrim Wrote:  To be honest.. I'm tired of the YouTube app for XBMC.
I have to say that I also have problems with my YT account in terms of I don't know "how" correctly to login with this app.
Since Google+ forced everyone to link your YT, things work a bit differently.

Actually I use an Andoid app called "Yatse" for sending/queing YT Links to XBMC. Works perfectly with frodo (only).

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that needs the Youtube app installed on XBMC.
find quote
vort1 Offline
Sorry my 1st post is a "help me" one but here it is

I have used youtube on my Ras Pi for sometime and from time to time its had problems like not logging in etc, nothing that a bit of messing about didn't fix,

But today it will not play anything on youtube it sits on "opening stream" sometimes i can cancel it (after 5min + to make sure its not just lag) and then get "files already being played" when i retry most of the time it just resets the PI

I understand people will be working on this but my big question is will it ever be stable ? or is working on a way to fix it every 3-4m now my life ?

i don't let me PI update because every time i have to spend a week fixing stuff and still stuff stops working.
Should i just give up and buy a cheep laptop and a HMDI cable ?

Thank you for any help or info.
find quote
Measter Offline
I am having the same issue as Vort1, also on a Raspberry Pi. I'm running Rapsbian, fully updated, the latest release version of XBMC.
find quote
bac522 Offline
(Yesterday 16:38)gott_sei_dank Wrote:  
I have to say that I also have problems with my YT account in terms of I don't know "how" correctly to login with this app.
Since Google+ forced everyone to link your YT, things work a bit differently.

Actually I use an Andoid app called "Yatse" for sending/queing YT Links to XBMC. Works perfectly with frodo (only).

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that needs the Youtube app installed on XBMC.
You are correct, but it doesn't require any logging in to send through Yatse, just need the YT plugin installed.
find quote
Mafarricos Offline
(Yesterday 20:01)vort1 Wrote:  Sorry my 1st post is a "help me" one but here it is

I have used youtube on my Ras Pi for sometime and from time to time its had problems like not logging in etc, nothing that a bit of messing about didn't fix,

But today it will not play anything on youtube it sits on "opening stream" sometimes i can cancel it (after 5min + to make sure its not just lag) and then get "files already being played" when i retry most of the time it just resets the PI

I understand people will be working on this but my big question is will it ever be stable ? or is working on a way to fix it every 3-4m now my life ?

i don't let me PI update because every time i have to spend a week fixing stuff and still stuff stops working.
Should i just give up and buy a cheep laptop and a HMDI cable ?

Thank you for any help or info.

Same problem here.
Applied sogopot fix, and now I can login, but with login made it takes at least 1 minute or more to open the video, without login open right on the spot.
Still no fix for this?
For what I'm seeing I'm not the only one with this problem.
find quote