• 298(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
--------------------------JUST for the records ----------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you having problems with login/selecting the right youtube channel.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since YouTube (YT) switched to Google Plus authentication I was no longer able to use my "default" Youtube account.
Instead on YT all my history/favourites/playlists etc. where empty since the XBMC YT Plugin was using the
new default Google Plus account for YT login.

To fix this I tried several suggestions to create the OAuth2 token manually. (e.g. like described here:
(in german) http://somepython.wordpress.com/2014/02/...gle-oauth/
or
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1613551)

The problem with these kind of suggestions is the need of the token to be renewed after e.g. 1 hour.
After that time the plugin will automatically renew the token and use the wrong account/token again ;-(

The fix is relatively easy. Just login into your YT account:

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=lso

and check which account you want to use for your YT XBMC plugin. All you need is the index of
the account you want to use. Per default the XBMC YT plugin is using the first account (this means: index=0).
If you want to use another of your account (e.g. the second one) - just change the index in the XBMC YT plugin file:

.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py

For version 4.4.10 of the plugin it's around line 115: Just change
fetch_options = {"link": acurl[0].replace("&", "&")}
to
fetch_options = {"link": acurl[1].replace("&", "&")}

if you want to use your second account. (or another appropriate index)

After changing the access token information in the settings.xml file (.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml to

<setting id="oauth2_access_token" value="" />
<setting id="oauth2_expires_at" value="" />
<setting id="oauth2_refresh_token" value="" />

the YT XBMC plugin will need to Login again into your YT account and retrieve the correct tokens for the YT account you have selected.
Also the renew of the token will work.

Hope this short memo help others with the same problem. For the developers of the plugin: It should be easy to add a
setting in the settings.xml to define which YT account should be used.

Cheers,

DerIng
Thanks DerIng!!!
Hopefully this eventually gets merged into the settings as a drop down menu.
Setting the default account in Youtube settings and then deleting the yt-cookiejar.txt file found in /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube is probably the easiest way for now.
(2014-09-22, 17:48)gott_sei_dank Wrote: Setting the default account in Youtube settings and then deleting the yt-cookiejar.txt file found in /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube is probably the easiest way for now.

I've tried this - according to several descriptions on the net - but it was at least not working for me.
Thanks for the solution DerIng! It really helped!
seems youtube blocked us again here's a snippet of my logfile
Is it possible to add pairing integration to the plugin to allow sending video from mobile device/pc to xvmc?
(2014-09-24, 09:49)100kotob Wrote: Is it possible to add pairing integration to the plugin to allow sending video from mobile device/pc to xvmc?

Sending movies/pictures to XBMC?? With e.g. Yatse this is already working.
(2014-09-24, 11:33)DerIng Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 09:49)100kotob Wrote: Is it possible to add pairing integration to the plugin to allow sending video from mobile device/pc to xvmc?

Yeah, but how about integrating the TV pairing feature into the plugin?

Yatsy is great but it's just another XBMC control app which I don't need and plus it only works under Android which is also not an option for me.

I would like to see an integration with a default YouTube app that exists on any mobile device (Android, iOS, Windows etc).
I just don't know how hard it is to add this feature that every SmartTV now has.
(2014-09-26, 21:51)100kotob Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 11:33)DerIng Wrote:

Yeah, but how about integrating the TV pairing feature into the plugin?

Yatsy is great but it's just another XBMC control app which I don't need and plus it only works under Android which is also not an option for me.

I would like to see an integration with a default YouTube app that exists on any mobile device (Android, iOS, Windows etc).
I just don't know how hard it is to add this feature that every SmartTV now has.

Upnp?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm sorry if this question is asked before. But I can't handle this forum's search function Angry

When I add a playlist from other channels its shows up on the website, but not in the addon.
But when I manually create a playlist myself it shows up fine.

Is this a known problem?
Please change the addon icons in list. All XBMC program looks really good but this icons are like old style.

Also, Search button should be at top
Download doesn't work still... Anyone looking into this?
just says preparing download forever
(2014-10-03, 13:56)CaBrA Wrote: Please change the addon icons in list. All XBMC program looks really good but this icons are like old style.

What?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-10-04, 11:10)nickr Wrote:
(2014-10-03, 13:56)CaBrA Wrote: Please change the addon icons in list. All XBMC program looks really good but this icons are like old style.

What?

Sorry, the icons at left of the list (Search, top videos, subscriptions, etc). I think they need a new pack of them
  • 298(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28