• 44(current)
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon
(2012-04-02, 00:06)jpf55 Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 00:00)ronie Wrote:
(2012-04-01, 22:25)jpf55 Wrote: Seriously...when did this Addon become NextWeekAired
a long time ago actually.
(2012-04-01, 22:25)jpf55 Wrote: If you don't know the answer, then don't answer! Angry

he does know the answer, so no need to get upset, ok.

Sorry, ronie, short fuse today, I don't get it, either he is wrong or the picture in the initial post is wrong and misleading.

Can you clear it up for me please?

it was changed last year when we updated tv show next aired from dharma to eden.
many people didn't like the fact that shows were included that were airing months from now.

see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid909606
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-04-02, 00:11)ronie Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 00:06)jpf55 Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 00:00)ronie Wrote: a long time ago actually.

he does know the answer, so no need to get upset, ok.

Sorry, ronie, short fuse today, I don't get it, either he is wrong or the picture in the initial post is wrong and misleading.

Can you clear it up for me please?

it was changed last year when we updated tv show next aired from dharma to eden.
many people didn't like the fact that shows were included that were airing months from now.

see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid909606

Sorry, I did not know Blush, I guess it makes sense for people who don't care about when a show is coming back and as I remember it, the later shows where of screen.
In any case, the initial post should be edited to reflect that.

Can I manually change the script to reverse that ?

Thanks again

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
interesting, i haven't paid attention to that !
(2012-04-02, 00:40)ppic Wrote: interesting, i haven't paid attention to that !

Well that's a little cryptic Smile does that mean you do or don't approve? being the original author and all. As pointed out in the link I think its much better idea to oly show the next 7 days it makes it more of a tv guide than a information sheet

I also have an idea for an enhancement that would probably break backwards skin compatibility but be fore the better (I think). Since its a lot of skin code talk I may not post it here unless ronie says its OK I might post it in the skin dev forum instead
ho no! no cryptic at all !
the 7 days idea seems good, but it should be still possible to have all next aired date for show beyond 7 days for features like we had in night, we could see next aired date of a tv show while browsing library.

i'm just restarting to get my hand in code for now, but i'm open to ideas Big Grin
heh my idea is basically only a good idea if we limit the gui to 1 week. I'm pretty sure that the library nfo labels still go for whatever period its just the main window only shows this week (but I could be wrong)
(2012-04-01, 16:13)ronie Wrote:
(2012-04-01, 16:07)thewarm Wrote: A quick question (that's been asked before)... I live in the Pacific Time Zone (-8 GMT). All of my shows shows times 3 hours early. Any way to change this please? My computer time and XBMC time is correct.
Thanks for a great addon!

if you can get me a debug log i'll look into it.

- enable debug loggin in xbmc
- check 'rescan tv guide data' in tv show next aired addon settings
- wait for the scan to finish
- post debug log on xbmclogs.com

This might be what you're looking for...
ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\Intel\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired

I will post the log for you to look at.
Thank you very much!

logfile at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1140

(BTW, I am using the latest GIT of Metropolis on XBMC Eden final with Windows 7 32bit)
The TV guide hyperlink rocks in Eden with the Neon skin
(2012-04-01, 16:07)thewarm Wrote: A quick question (that's been asked before)... I live in the Pacific Time Zone (-8 GMT). All of my shows shows times 3 hours early. Any way to change this please? My computer time and XBMC time is correct.
Thanks for a great addon!

please correct me if i'm wrong :-)
Pacific Time Zone is currently UTC-07:00 (summertime), true?

in your Debug Log:
Quote:06:45:31 T:3012 DEBUG: ### 2 Broke Girls
06:45:31 T:3012 DEBUG: ### get info 2 Broke Girls
06:45:31 T:3012 DEBUG: ### searching for 2 Broke Girls
06:45:31 T:3012 DEBUG: ### search url: http://services.tvrage.com/tools/quickin...roke+Girls
06:45:32 T:3012 DEBUG: ### parse informations
06:45:32 T:3012 DEBUG: ### nextdate 2012-04-09T20:30:00-04:00
06:45:32 T:3012 DEBUG: ### nextdate with local time zone 2012-04-09T17:30:00-07:00
the script detects your timezone as utc-07:00, which i correct as far as i know.

so a show that's aired at 20:30 in the US, will be displayed in the tv guide as 17:30 (which is your local time).

double check the time displayed in the tv guide for the '2 Broke Girls' show.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
I installed Eden over version 10.1 and I can't open this add on no matter what skin seems to lock up XBMC. I am able to use it as a TV Guide Neon has it built in using this plugin. However as far as going to add on's and clicking on it it doesn't open just locks up. I even switch skins and same issue.
(2012-04-04, 20:13)Randall Lind Wrote: I installed Eden over version 10.1 and I can't open this add on no matter what skin seems to lock up XBMC. I am able to use it as a TV Guide Neon has it built in using this plugin. However as far as going to add on's and clicking on it it doesn't open just locks up. I even switch skins and same issue.

Check what version you have (should be 4.1.20). If you haven't try to do 'force refresh' on the xbmc repo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-04, 14:31)thewarm Wrote: (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=256
Quote:Vancouver - Canada:
Standard time zone: UTC/GMT -8 hours
Daylight saving time: +1 hour
Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT -7 hours
Time zone abbreviation: PDT - Pacific Daylight Time

so?
(2012-04-04, 23:45)ronie Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 14:31)thewarm Wrote: (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=256
Quote:Vancouver - Canada:
Standard time zone: UTC/GMT -8 hours
Daylight saving time: +1 hour
Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT -7 hours
Time zone abbreviation: PDT - Pacific Daylight Time

so?

It's still off by several hours! Is there anything I can adjust please?
There is nothing to adjust, ronie is correct. The guide displays when the show is airing LIVE in your local timezone. The east coast of USA is -4 UTC you are -7 UTC so you are 3 hours behind yes..
For example I'm +9.5 UTC which is a difference of 13.5 hours. For a show aired at 8:30PM US the guide would show 10:00AM the following day.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon2