• 63(current)
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon
Does this work for anime? For example, shingeki no kyoujin next episode is tomorrow. But it doesn't show on my tv guide.

it's in my tv show library and on http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-35343
(2013-04-14, 09:03)watchgintama Wrote: Does this work for anime? For example, shingeki no kyoujin next episode is tomorrow. But it doesn't show on my tv guide.

yeah, if it's on tv rage, it should work.
no idea why it doesn't on your end.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ronie... what this option means : "Show All TV Shows for home screen (needs skin support)"

What kind of skin support ?. I didn't find anything in readme file or the wiki.

Cheers
Nessus
(2013-04-23, 01:55)nessus Wrote: Ronie... what this option means : "Show All TV Shows for home screen (needs skin support)"

What kind of skin support ?. I didn't find anything in readme file or the wiki.

Cheers
Nessus

by default the addon will only set home window properties for tv shows airing today.
if you enable this setting, it will set properties for all tv shows.

skinners can check if a user has enabled to option by checking
the Window(Home).Property(NextAired.ShowAllTVShows) infolabel.

i'll add this info to the readme of course ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-04-14, 15:47)ronie Wrote:
(2013-04-14, 09:03)watchgintama Wrote: Does this work for anime? For example, shingeki no kyoujin next episode is tomorrow. But it doesn't show on my tv guide.

yeah, if it's on tv rage, it should work.
no idea why it doesn't on your end.

if the search motor is still as i've designed it (if yes, i'm surprised that there's been no change on tv rage site :-) ), the search is only possible by title, and if it differs only one character, the url is false, poste a debug log, and we'll see if it's the case ;-)

a better way should be to get the information from trak website, it'll also speed up the all thing, as there's no need to parse, api will deliver more and structured data.

i hope to do that long ago
(2013-04-24, 00:16)ppic Wrote: if the search motor is still as i've designed it

yeah, we've replaced the car, but kept the engine ;-)
proud that it's still running :-D
Hey,
before i start reading all the skinning info needed and all the 9x pages in this thread i would like to ask if what i want to do is even possible.

I am using Frodo + Confluence with media info view.
1. Is it possible to modify Confluence to display the show status (NextAired.Status) in the right infopanel which currently shows year/genre? << yes

2. I would also like to add the number of episodes aired (NextAired.NextNumber)/total. Is there any way through this script or some other addon/script to get the "episodes ordered" (total) number?
>> http://services.tvrage.com/tools/quickinfo.php is used in the script and does not contain that information (it is on the wishlist since 2009)
3. Can you point me to the xml file i need to edit? I could not find anything on media info view in any of the xml files in the /720p directory.
>> Found it in ViewsVideoLibrary.xml > MediaListView2

Thank you in advance!

Why?
I like watching complete seasons. When browsing my library i always need to look up individual series to see if the season has ended on tvrage.
Yeah, the 90+ pages of posts is a bit intimidating. The question I have is rather basic: how do I use this? It's showing as Installed in the Addons section, but I don't see any mention of next/new episodes in the main Series sub-menu, or on any of the series pages beneath that.
(2013-05-04, 05:33)emueyes Wrote: Yeah, the 90+ pages of posts is a bit intimidating. The question I have is rather basic: how do I use this? It's showing as Installed in the Addons section, but I don't see any mention of next/new episodes in the main Series sub-menu, or on any of the series pages beneath that.

you have to use a skin that use the script.
Ah, ok thanks. Is there a list of skins that do? I'm planning on using Aeon Nox at some stage, but don't want to go installing a new skin that isn't going to work. This feature (Next Aired) is important enough to me to base skin choices on. (I'm using Confluence as shipped with Frodo, it doesn't seem to work).

EDIT: I just discovered Next Aired support on the Aeon Nox feature list.
Or you could modify Confluence.

1. copy folder skin.confluence to skin.myskin
2. edit addon.xml in skin.myskin

Code:
id="skin.myskin"
name="myskin"

3. edit /skin.myskin/720p/MyVideoNav.xml
add:
Code:
<onload>RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,backend=True)</onload>

4. depending on the view you use List/Media Info/Fanart (each has its own section in the xml file) edit /skin.myskin/720p/ViewsVideoLibrary.xml.
E.g. i use Media Info (MediaListView2) so in the section <include name="MediaListView2"> search for "Year Value". It is a label displaying the Production year of the selected show in the lower right above “Genre”. I replaced the year with the next air date by commenting

Code:
<!-- <label fallback="416">$INFO[listitem.Year]</label> -->

out and adding

Code:
<label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate)]</label>

5. Run the addon at least once from “Programs” to get the Info for your series.
6. You can replace the “Year” text in front of the airdate by editing the label “Year txt” above.
Replace
Code:
<label>$LOCALIZE[345]:</label>

with the text you want displayed.
As streaming is so effective with XBMC I no longer download many TV shows - hence they won't be in my Library.

I'd love this Addon to be able to simply add the names of Shows to be included.

e.g.. Say I want Next Aired to include Elementary but I don't have it in my Library.

Is this possible or is there a script that a newbie can edit?
Just put an empty folder with artwork in your TV section
Quote:Just put an empty folder with artwork in your TV section

Thanks for the tip.

I can create an empty folder but I'm not clear about the 'with artwork' bit. What do you mean by that?
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon2