extra thumb - resolution
Hi all,

I'm thinking of moving from confluence to aero, and one of the things to do is that I will need extra thumbs for movies.

However it's not clear to me if what resolutions to use for the extra thumbs. I expect thumbs will still load if I use 1080p images, but my guess is that the system will respond quicker if I use thumbs with the correct 'native' resolution.

Btw: do all these extra images get cached by xbmc? I'm asking because I'm using automatically generated DDS images, which really speeds up confluence.
If you look in the skin xmls your see thumbs are given a size 261x161 so not very big at all, I've used the site below in the past for extrathumbs the free ones you can download are 600x400 and they looked perfect to me

http://www.moviepicturedb.com/

Or Ember Media Manager can create them to your chosen size they need to be a bit bigger than 261x161 because they get scaled
I have Ember set mine at 500x281

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thank you for a very helpful reply.

I'm assuming that none of these eye candy images will be cached by xbmc and will be loaded from the file system directly each time? (as jpgs)
topsyturvy Wrote:Thank you for a very helpful reply.

I'm assuming that none of these eye candy images will be cached by xbmc and will be loaded from the file system directly each time? (as jpgs)

Contrary to what you said, these extrathumbs is cached and stored in texture.db. So you'll have to manually delete the file every time you change the extrathumbs.
dsync89 Wrote:Contrary to what you said, these extrathumbs is cached and stored in texture.db. So you'll have to manually delete the file every time you change the extrathumbs.

Only if your using the latest builds this doesn't happen in 9.11

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
extra thumb - resolution0