Avi file format detected
hi all,

i've coded something that parses a bunch of stuff from the net, gets a url to a movie and feeds that to the player object. however, it starts buffering, then says "avi file format detected." and stops doing anything really.

as mentioned before, it does start buffering, so there's nothing wrong with the url or anything.

the code i use is:

xbmc.player().play(urltoplay)

thanks for your help guys
for the avi files you'll have somtimes to put the cache size higher (ie 4095)
thanks for the tip, any hints on how to do this? :-)
see the system settings
that i have seen and set higher already, didn't help a bit.

any other suggestions?
this is just afaik, but doesn't the avi container have vital info both in the beginning and end of the file (index)? in other words, needs to be fully dowbloaded before can be played (=can't be streamed)?

-munde
that is correct, however, most current players such as mplayer and video lan client work around this by reading the last bit of the file first to create an index.

in other words, this is no longer an issue for the current mplayer files, and it's not an issue for the player on the xbox either when feeding it an avi file from the web through a playlist.strm file.

but when i try to use the xbmc.player.play("[url]http://www.foobar.com/foo.avi"[/url]) it hangs. i'll try to work around this by generating a playlist and feeding this to the player, but it seems like a bug to me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Avi file format detected0