• 10(current)
[RELEASE] MPDClient - Client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) Servers
jschelfh Wrote:Maybe a stupid question... is this also supposed to work on an appleTV box ?

I get an error in the script.mpdc
I do not have such device and am not able to test on it. But if other python scripts do, MPD Client should too. Please open an issue on github with all possible details. I can than see what's happening, try to fix it and you'll test it - there's no other way to do that.
Hello Izoubeck,

absolutly perfect, your are great.
I will test the new code asap and let you know.

Just a quick question, which code do you want me to test?
The normal Download from the Download button?

Best regards,

Guenter

PS: Short update, with the new version of code, the error changes:
Quote:19:55:36 T:2872052592 M:278470656 NOTICE: Connecting to MPD 192.168.2.26:6600
19:55:36 T:2872052592 M:278470656 NOTICE: Connected
19:55:36 T:2838829936 M:278327296 NOTICE: Starting time poller thread
19:55:36 T:2872052592 M:278327296 NOTICE: Handling changes - ['mixer', 'playlist', 'player', 'options']
19:55:36 T:2872052592 M:278327296 NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
19:55:36 T:2872052592 M:278327296 NOTICE: File "/home/guenter/.xbmc/addons/lzoubek-xbmc-plugin-mpdc-6fce3ca/resources/lib/gui.py", line 209, in _connect
19:55:36 T:2872052592 M:278327296 NOTICE: self._update_playlist_browser(self.client)
19:55:36 T:2872052592 M:278327296 NOTICE: File "/home/guenter/.xbmc/addons/lzoubek-xbmc-plugin-mpdc-6fce3ca/resources/lib/gui.py", line 412, in _update_playlist_browser
19:55:36 T:2872052592 M:278327296 NOTICE: self.playlists = client.listplaylists()
19:55:36 T:2872052592 M:278327296 NOTICE: File "/home/guenter/.xbmc/addons/lzoubek-xbmc-plugin-mpdc-6fce3ca/resources/lib/pmpd.py", line 38, in __getattr__
19:55:36 T:2872052592 M:278327296 NOTICE: raise xbmpc.CommandError('No Permission for :'+attr)
19:55:36 T:2872052592 M:278327296 NOTICE: CommandError: No Permission for :listplaylists
19:55:39 T:2872052592 M:278237184 NOTICE: disconnecting
Beachboy Wrote:PS: Short update, with the new version of code, the error changes:

Hello, I've fixed listing playlist issue - MPD 0.13 does not support playlists at all? Or maybe it has another command for it. Anyway, playlists unfortunatelly won't work for you at all. I've pushed to github, eden branch, please try once more.

Anyway, it would be much better if you could update your MPD server.
I have posted a request on github

Thanks in advance
Hi Guys.

Bit of a noob here, and considering whether to install XBMC for Windows or XBMC for Linux. Could somebody tell me whether MPDClient integrates well with the regular XBMC music library? i.e. do you have all your fanart and last.fm scraped information, etc?

Also, can you set it up running alongside another MPD client? i.e. can I install one of the Android or iOS MPD applications and use that when I can't be bothered with turning the TV on?
Cath Barkley Wrote:Hi Guys.

Bit of a noob here, and considering whether to install XBMC for Windows or XBMC for Linux. Could somebody tell me whether MPDClient integrates well with the regular XBMC music library? i.e. do you have all your fanart and last.fm scraped information, etc?

Also, can you set it up running alongside another MPD client? i.e. can I install one of the Android or iOS MPD applications and use that when I can't be bothered with turning the TV on?
Unfortunately MPDClient does not integrate with XBMC music library at all. It only supports album art downloading from allmusic.com + all meta from ID3 provided by MPD Server. Main reason of not integrating it with music library is that you can (and I do) have MPD server on different machine without sharing capabilities.

Yes, MPD supports multiple connected client at once. I personally have mpdscribble client ( last.fm scrobbler ), web client in php, MPD Client in XBMC and occasionally sonata/gmpc.
Hi Izoubek,

Should there be any weird behaviour with MPDClient v2.0.5 under Eden? The list under the 'Artists' tab is not in alphanumerical order. The ordering seems random, though it is the same order each time. Also, under 'Files', the files are listed before the directories. The files are grouped by extension and ordered alphanumerically, followed by the directories, which are in the correct alphanumerical order.

Any ideas?

Update 1: The 'Playlist' listing is also not displayed in the correct alphanumerical order either.

Update 2: I just updated to 2.0.5 on my iPad as well. I get the same ordering in 'Artists' and 'Files' with MPDClient on the iOS version of Eden too.

I thought my mpd server may be at fault, but the other mpd clients I use do not have this issue. I also use mPad, ncmpcpp and Minion.
Hi,

I would like to know how i can clear the playlist or remove a song from the queue with a remote control ?

Thank you!
ThomasP Wrote:Hi,

I would like to know how i can clear the playlist or remove a song from the queue with a remote control ?

Thank you!

You can use the xbmc context menu within the queue tab.
Balthazaar Wrote:Hi Izoubek,

Should there be any weird behaviour with MPDClient v2.0.5 under Eden? The list under the 'Artists' tab is not in alphanumerical order. The ordering seems random, though it is the same order each time. Also, under 'Files', the files are listed before the directories. The files are grouped by extension and ordered alphanumerically, followed by the directories, which are in the correct alphanumerical order.

Any ideas?

Update 1: The 'Playlist' listing is also not displayed in the correct alphanumerical order either.

Update 2: I just updated to 2.0.5 on my iPad as well. I get the same ordering in 'Artists' and 'Files' with MPDClient on the iOS version of Eden too.

I thought my mpd server may be at fault, but the other mpd clients I use do not have this issue. I also use mPad, ncmpcpp and Minion.

Hey,

yes, there was a performance issue regarding sorting artists, so I've removed it. Sorting playlists and files was not affected and in fact these were probably never sorted. I have to find out how to sort items directly in xbmc listControl, otherwise it consumes too much memory. Anyway, I'll fix sorting files and playlists.
Balthazaar Wrote:You can use the xbmc context menu within the queue tab.
This is what I do but it would be more practical if i could map a key from my remote control with these actions :
- remove from the queue,
- clear the queu.
ThomasP Wrote:This is what I do but it would be more practical if i could map a key from my remote control with these actions :
- remove from the queue,
- clear the queu.

I can do that, I can map actions from http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml#Actions or https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ilib/Key.h to remove from queue and clear the queue. Which ones would you suggest? I don't see any actions equivalent to our usecase. Once we agree which actions it should be and I implement it you must do your mapping in keymap.xml.

Which key do you use for cleaning playlist in xbmc?
hya

I absolutly LOVE mpd and as a neewb to xbmc i was thrilled to see this add-ons..thx alot Smile

it seems to work great in controling a MPD server but the stream part dosent seem to work for me, i sometimes get the stream, sometimes dont and sometimes get in in a huge delay (a few minutes late!).

am i doing something wrong? are those known issues?

thx alot again

Zeltak
zeltak Wrote:hya

I absolutly LOVE mpd and as a neewb to xbmc i was thrilled to see this add-ons..thx alot Smile

it seems to work great in controling a MPD server but the stream part dosent seem to work for me, i sometimes get the stream, sometimes dont and sometimes get in in a huge delay (a few minutes late!).

am i doing something wrong? are those known issues?

thx alot again

Zeltak
I am listening to MPD stream too (but I still use dharma 10.1) without issues, delay is always about 5-10secs.

hmm, I don't think I can influcence this in client. MPD Client only passes stream url into player. I'd try try to sniff around playercorefactory.xml about setting your audio player in xbmc or MPD server stream setting, are you using httpd output or via icecast? I recall some issues when XBMC plays M3u playlist instead of direct stream. Does for example mplayer <your stream url> always work?
hi again

I'm using the http output and mplayer works really smooth with no issues

Thx again

Zeltak
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MPDClient - Client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) Servers0