• 2(current)
[RELEASE] MPDClient - Client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) Servers
Balthazaar Wrote:I don't know if this is pertains to MPDClient or all add-ons - the xbmc screensaver doesn't work properly when MPDClient is on screen. I have the screensaver set to 'black', but the screen only dims in MPDClient. To get the screensaver to work as expected, I have to return to the home menu. The screensaver then works while MPD is playing.

Any ideas?
Same behavior here, this is IMHO 'bug/feature' of all addons. You can try open a ticket
I look forward to the new version.

Thanks for the confirmation re the screensaver. I will investigate further.
OK, so MPDClient is the only addon I have that exhibits the screensaver 'dim' affect. I tested with the Shoutcast and Google addons & the screensaver worked as expected. Any ideas?
Izoubek, many thanks for this addon. I've been searching a while for a way to play my hi-res audio files with xbmc (paplayer and dvdplayer are both 16bit).
Balthazaar Wrote:OK, so MPDClient is the only addon I have that exhibits the screensaver 'dim' affect. I tested with the Shoutcast and Google addons & the screensaver worked as expected. Any ideas?
Hmm .. I get 'dim' affect when using GmailChecker or when I'm in xbmc settings. I think it happens when modal window is displayed.

btw 0.9.8 version is out ;-) but not yet with searching support
Wow, looks very good the new version and i like the progress bar.
I have a few suggestions for improving the gui appearance.
Take a look at the attachement. What do you think about it?

Thanks and regards
Fuxx

Sorry, forgot to put the "Save" and "Clear" buttons on the lower left side.
Hi, nice idea, I like it.

- Good idea to improve current song status (displaying what is playing ..)
- adding volume (control?) is not a bad idea, could be
- agreed, new appearance is better, this would not take too much time.

'Save' and 'Clear' buttons are not needed anymore, since the same is available via context menu.

I'll take a look at it.
Of course patches are welcome :-)
lzoubek Wrote:Hmm .. I get 'dim' affect when using GmailChecker or when I'm in xbmc settings. I think it happens when modal window is displayed.

Yes, when any dialog is open, xbmc uses 'dim'. Could it be that MPDClient acts as a modal window within xbmc? I wish I knew Python better, I'd like to help out.

Thanks for the update. I like the progress bar/time display. Being able to clear single tracks from the queue is fantastic.

I like some of the suggestions made by Fuxx. I too would like to see an increase in column widths, especially for 'Album'.
Tried to use this together with http://www.mopidy.com/ to see if I could Spotiy to work in XBMC. No dice though, I could get the playlists in spotify listed and such but when I chose to add them to the queue nothing happened. The queue remained empty. I would guess this is a mopidy problem and not a problem with this plugin though.
poserdonut Wrote:Tried to use this together with http://www.mopidy.com/ to see if I could Spotiy to work in XBMC. No dice though, I could get the playlists in spotify listed and such but when I chose to add them to the queue nothing happened. The queue remained empty. I would guess this is a mopidy problem and not a problem with this plugin though.

Hmm mopidy should by compatible with MPD, but (as I've read few minutes ago) it does not support IDLE command. Almost all UI updates are based on IDLE command. For example when you add something to queue you see it when server reports 'playlist' change. I think, once mopidy supports IDLE, client should work fine.

Did something appear in queue after restarting client/using another client?
lzoubek Wrote:Hmm mopidy should by compatible with MPD, but (as I've read few minutes ago) it does not support IDLE command. Almost all UI updates are based on IDLE command. For example when you add something to queue you see it when server reports 'playlist' change. I think, once mopidy supports IDLE, client should work fine.

Did something appear in queue after restarting client/using another client?

I'm going to try now, because I got it working with Music Player Minion in Firefox.

Yeah, if I added songs to the play list in another client then I could play it inside the MPDClient. Which is pretty cool. Big Grin

Too bad it doesn't work straight up.

Well, the I can see in the firefox client that the songs actually get added to the playlist it just doesn't update in the MPDClient which results in me not being able to select them and play them.
that implies, it is because of IDLE. I cannot do anything right now, I'm gonna report feature request to mopidy devs
lzoubek Wrote:that implies, it is because of IDLE. I cannot do anything right now, I'm gonna report feature request to mopidy devs

Cool, really great work on this addon. If the mopidy devs implements IDLE this could be a pretty decent way to use Spotify in XBMC.

Seems some strange stuff is happening though, where it just stops playing a song and jumps to the next one in the playlist.

It seems to happen on the first song i play.
It does not look good, results here. I'm thinking about reimplementing client optionally not to use IDLE than 'state update' issues would be gone and we can slightly continue testing it.
lzoubek Wrote:It does not look good, results here. I'm thinking about reimplementing client optionally not to use IDLE than 'state update' issues would be gone and we can slightly continue testing it.

Since I don't have any clue how much work that would be I'm not going to make any demands. It would be cool if it worked though. Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MPDClient - Client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) Servers0