• 3(current)
[RELEASE] MPDClient - Client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) Servers
Izoubek, I have another feature request.. Smile

Any chance of being able to set the number of visible profiles? I currently use two profiles and would like to hide the third unused one. That is, have the profile selection dialog only show active profiles.

Thanks!
Balthazaar Wrote:Izoubek, I have another feature request.. Smile

Any chance of being able to set the number of visible profiles? I currently use two profiles and would like to hide the third unused one. That is, have the profile selection dialog only show active profiles.

Thanks!
Hehe,

I do not have any free time now Undecided I don't use/know profiles, what is it about?
Profiles as per MPDClient settings. When you configure MPDClient you have the option of selecting: Skip profile selection and always use 'Profile 1'

I have created two profiles, each set up for two instances of mpd. One serves multichannel hi-res audio, the other CD quality audio.

When I start MPDClient, I choose which server I want to listen to.

I would like to be able to-

1. Add or remove the actual number of profiles for MPDClient, or

2. Hide unused profiles. In this case, 'Profile 3'.

Big Grin
As a quick & dirty 'workaround' I edited the strings.xml files to remove 'Profile 3' from the list so it doesn't appear when opening MPDClient.
Oh, I see Smile. Sure. My workaround was to setup the 3rd one same way as the 2nd one :-). Already implemented (Every profile has 'Enabled' setting). Comming soon in next version, or you can install from git repo https://github.com/lzoubek/xbmc-plugin-mpdc
Excellent. Works a treat, and you implemented some changes to the gui too, I see. Smile

Will be giving this a workout...

Thanks!
Hi,

I just installed XBMC and discovered that it has a MPD client. Happy happy Smile

The problem is that I have had no luck with getting XBMC MPD client to work. I cloned xbmc-plugin-mpdc from git and placed the folder to ~.xmbc/addons/ but I don't see any MPD related settings or anything in XBMC.

I'm using XMBC on Ubuntu 10.04.

Thanks for the help in advance.
you need dharma and you don't have to clone anything - it's available right in the add-on browser.
OK! I see. Only the latest version of XBMC supports add-on browser.

I guess the build I got from repository (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...nux#Ubuntu) is Camelot, not Dharma.

My XBMC version is: 9.11 R26018 (Compiled: aug 19 2010)
I had a problem that I had Chamelot version of XBMC and I wanted to have the Dharma version while it supported add-ons and so also this MPD-client plugin.

I eventually got Dharma by doing this

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

Actually instead of installing I ran upgrade because I already had XBMC installed.

Code:
sudo apt-get safe-upgrade

I had previously done this

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

So obviously I initially got the Stable release.

URL's I followed:
1. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins..._for_Linux

2. http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/09/xbmc-...ow-to.html
@teelmo so, have you succeeded installing Dharma & MPD Client? I've updated this thread's initial post not to confuse others.
lzoubek Wrote:@teelmo so, have you succeeded installing Dharma & MPD Client? I've updated this thread's initial post not to confuse others.

Yes. After acquiring Dharma installing MPD Client was very straight forwarded.

The hard part was to understand that I needed Dharma and knowing what Dharma is (that it is a codename for testing version of XBMCSmile). Also it doesn't say anywhere in XBMC interface which is the installed version's codename. It only tells the version number and the XBMC homepages only speak with codenames so it was a bit confusing Smile

Good thing updating the first post. It is always good thing to keep the initial post up-to-date and as accurate as possible. The more information the better.

Nice add-on btw. Keep up the good work.

Some ideas I came with for developing:
1. Left sidebar could be hideable, so more space could be used for the playlist.
2. Option to set the playlist row outlook. Like I wanted to see track number information.
3. In artist list if you select artist and you show albums it would be nice to see also album's release year. Like "2002 - Album name". Albums could be ordered by year or alphabetically.
4. A global pause/play keyboard shortcut would be nice if it is technically possible.
5. Album art fetching and showing would be always nice eye-candy to show for friends to make them jealous Smile
Balthazaar Wrote:I have created two profiles, each set up for two instances of mpd. One serves multichannel hi-res audio, the other CD quality audio.
Big Grin

I'm getting some stuttering on multichannel hi-res audio, have you changed any settings in your .mpdconf for the hi-res profile?
Some ideas I came with for developing:
1. Left sidebar could be hideable, so more space could be used for the playlist.
This could be, but I dono how to stretch the playlist area.
2. Option to set the playlist row outlook. Like I wanted to see track number information.
This one seem impossible to mee.
3. In artist list if you select artist and you show albums it would be nice to see also album's release year. Like "2002 - Album name". Albums could be ordered by year or alphabetically.
I am gonna to this. Useful and easy
4. A global pause/play keyboard shortcut would be nice if it is technically possible.
Don't understand. There is global keyboard shortcut. MPDClient reacts on standard XBMC actions (Just hit play/pause/stop/next/prev on your remote control or push appropriate key - see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml)
5. Album art fetching and showing would be always nice eye-candy to show for friends to make them jealous Smile
That would be nice, maybe I could try to fetch and show album art just for currenly playing song. But I am not sure how to do it now.

This should not be impossible. I mean the playlist's columns could be defined by the user. Now the columns include:
{Artist} {Album} {Song title} {Song length}

I would like to add at least {Track number} so the I could see easily how many songs have been played from the album I'm listening. The output would be for example:

10 Jefferson Airplane Surrealistic Pillow White Rabbit 2:33
11 Jefferson Airplane Surrealistic Pillow Plastic Fantastic Lover 2:38

Other additional song information would be nice to see in the playlist too. Like album's release year but I think space is an issue if the left sidebar are can not be used.

Never mind

5. Album art fetching and showing would be always nice eye-candy to show for friends to make them jealous

Some ideas. Album art could be fetched from the music file's directory. For example my music collection is formed like this

/mp3/J/Jefferson Airplane/1967 - Surrealistic Pillow/

and all the songs from that album are placed in that folder and I have a .jpg-file in that folder named folder.jpg which has the album art. I'm saying that album art could be fetched locally like this from the hard drive.

Other option or parallel option for album art fetching could be to search it from the internet. For example Last.fm's API offers albums arts. See: http://www.last.fm/api/show?service=290
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MPDClient - Client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) Servers0