• 4(current)
[RELEASE] MPDClient - Client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) Servers
adelias Wrote:I'm getting some stuttering on multichannel hi-res audio, have you changed any settings in your .mpdconf for the hi-res profile?

I have custom mpd.conf file for each profile - each output is via a different ALSA output. I am away from home now so I can't post my conf files, but if you post the output section of your mpd.conf along with your ALSA conf so that I can take a look, perhaps I can help.

IMO The first thing you should do is make sure mpd bypasses the mixer and sends audio straight to your output. In your mpd.conf:

Code:
mixer_type "disabled"
Balthazaar Wrote:I have custom mpd.conf file for each profile - each output is via a different ALSA output. I am away from home now so I can't post my conf files, but if you post the output section of your mpd.conf along with your ALSA conf so that I can take a look, perhaps I can help.

IMO The first thing you should do is make sure mpd bypasses the mixer and sends audio straight to your output. In your mpd.conf:

Code:
mixer_type "disabled"

Thanks! That option fixed the stuttering. I had already commented out all the mixer options in mpd.conf but apparently that wasn't enough.
adelias Wrote:Thanks! That option fixed the stuttering. I had already commented out all the mixer options in mpd.conf but apparently that wasn't enough.

Yeah..the default action for mpd is to use the mixer. You have to tell mpd specifically not to do certain things. Commenting out options or settings doesn't always have the expected result.
With the higher bitrate (24/96, 24/192) multi-channel lpcm files I'm still getting a bit of buzzing and dropouts on all speakers.

/etc/asound.conf
Code:
pcm.!hdmi-remap {
type asym
playback.pcm {
type plug
slave.pcm "remap-surround71"
}
}

pcm.!remap-surround71 {
  type route
  slave.pcm "hw:0,3"
  ttable {
    0.0= 1
    1.1= 1
    2.4= 1
    3.5= 1
    4.2= 1
    5.3= 1
    6.6= 1
    7.7= 1
  }
}

~/.mpdconf
Code:
audio_output {
        type            "alsa"
        name            "HDMI"
        device          "hw:0,3"        # optional
        mixer_type      "disabled"
##      format          "44100:16:2"    # optional
##      mixer_type      "hardware"      # optional
##      mixer_device    "default"       # optional
##      mixer_control   "PCM"           # optional
##      mixer_index     "0"             # optional
}

mpd -V
Code:
mpd (MPD: Music Player Daemon) 0.16~alpha4

Copyright (C) 2003-2007 Warren Dukes <[email protected]>
Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Max Kellermann <[email protected]>
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Supported decoders:

[mad] mp3 mp2
[vorbis] ogg oga
[oggflac] ogg oga
[flac] flac
[audiofile] wav au aiff aif
[faad] aac
[mp4ff] m4a m4b mp4
[wavpack] wv
[modplug] 669 amf ams dbm dfm dsm far it med mdl mod mtm mt2 okt s3m stm ult umx xm
[ffmpeg] 16sv 3g2 3gp 4xm 8svx aa3 aac ac3 afc aif aifc aiff al alaw amr anim apc ape asf atrac au aud avi avm2 avs bap bfi c93 cak cin cmv cpk daud dct divx dts dv dvd dxa eac3 film flac flc fli fll flx flv g726 gsm gxf iss m1v m2v m2t m2ts m4a m4b m4v mad mj2 mjpeg mjpg mka mkv mlp mm mmf mov mp+ mp1 mp2 mp3 mp4 mpc mpeg mpg mpga mpp mpu mve mvi mxf nc nsv nut nuv oga ogm ogv ogx oma ogg omg psp pva qcp qt r3d ra ram rl2 rm rmvb roq rpl rvc shn smk snd sol son spx str swf tgi tgq tgv thp ts tsp tta xa xvid uv uv2 vb vid vob voc vp6 vmd wav wma wmv wsaud wsvga wv wve

Supported outputs:

null fifo alsa ao oss pulse httpd recorder

Supported encoders:

null vorbis wave flac

Supported protocols:

file:// http:// mms:// mmsh:// mmst:// mmsu:// gopher:// rtp:// rtsp:// rtmp:// rtmpt:// rtmps://
adelias Wrote:With the higher bitrate (24/96, 24/192) multi-channel lpcm files I'm still getting a bit of buzzing and dropouts on all speakers.

~/.mpdconf
Code:
audio_output {
        type            "alsa"
        name            "HDMI"
        device          "hw:0,3"        # optional
}

Try this: Set your mpd audio output to the hdmi-remap pcm and see what that does for you. As per below.

~/.mpdconf
Code:
audio_output {
        type            "alsa"
        name            "HDMI"
        device          "hdmi-remap"        # optional
}
Yep, that did it. Its working great now. Thanks again!
Izoubek, nice job on the album art fetching from allmusic.com. Any plans to allow use of folder.jpg file for album art?
Album art? I don't see that option...
Its included in the latest builds from the git repository.
Got the latest from git. I see the options and have selected them, but there is no album art shown. Where does MPDClient save the art?
I haven't enabled saving album art but it should display art if its available at allmusic.com.
adelias Wrote:Izoubek, nice job on the album art fetching from allmusic.com. Any plans to allow use of folder.jpg file for album art?
Thanks, hope you guys like it. Forgot to announce it here.

I am still testing fetching. If an image is not fetched, there are 2 possibilities.
  1. Album image is not available on allmusic.com
  2. There is an error in my regex when searching for it, please report album and artist name, if you find such.
I am not sure how would be implemented displaying from folder.jpg That is because I use MPD protocol to display directory structure and artists etc. I have no idea where the files really are (since MPD is providing something like vfs) and this would never work if you do not run it locally. Hmm .. just writing these lines, it would be possible, I'll think about it :-) I would add new setting for setting up path to your music and than search for folder.jpg in path+currently played filename's parent dir.

These days I am thinking about redesigning UI. I'd like to do tabs above content instead of list of button. Content area would be wider than. On the other hand, where to put album art images? What do you think?
Balthazaar Wrote:Got the latest from git. I see the options and have selected them, but there is no album art shown. Where does MPDClient save the art?
Files go to ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.mpdc/albums
lzoubek Wrote:These days I am thinking about redesigning UI. I'd like to do tabs above content instead of list of button. Content area would be wider than. On the other hand, where to put album art images? What do you think?

I think tabs would be good idea. Something like this maybe? is that what you had in mind?

Perhaps I made a poor choice of album artwork for this example. Smile

I also must say I don't like the info currently displayed in the bottom LH corner Artists/Albums/Tracks/DB Time. I think it clutters an otherwise 'clean' screen. Any possibility of making this info display an option?

Thanks!
Balthazaar Wrote:I think tabs would be good idea. Something like this maybe? is that what you had in mind?
Exactly. Something like that.

Balthazaar Wrote:I also must say I don't like the info currently displayed in the bottom LH corner Artists/Albums/Tracks/DB Time. I think it clutters an otherwise 'clean' screen. Any possibility of making this info display an option?
You're right. I just wanted to show these stats. I'll get rid of it or maybe make the profile name to work as button, which will raise these stats.

Btw your choice is very very good, don't care about album image. OSI always gives me good energy. Really good stuff. This reminds me, I've almost forgot to listen to it last days ... :-)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MPDClient - Client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) Servers0