• 7(current)
[RELEASE] MPDClient - Client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) Servers
lzoubek Wrote:Oh, that is right. I'll fix it soon.

Thanks for testing
client should detect changing songs now, somehow :-) Could you confirm?
Nice job!
Local art is working here as well.
O.S.I. working. Thanks.

I notice you've added a little pop-up. Smile
lzoubek Wrote:client should detect changing songs now, somehow :-) Could you confirm?

Testing now.

Don't know why but the time elapsed thing just stopped updating so it's standing still at 0:36 - 3:39 and the progress bar is stuck as well. And after the song finished it didn't move to the next song in the list. I think something got messed up with Mopidy.

Restarting and testing again.

Now it worked as it should, song changed and info changed but then it just changed song in the middle of the one that was playing.

So all in all, it seems to work pretty well. Just hard to tell what's causing "problems" with these kind of integrations, mopidy or mpdclient.
Is there any way that I can specify folder.jpg instead of *.jpg for local artwork?
adelias Wrote:Is there any way that I can specify folder.jpg instead of *.jpg for local artwork?
If you setup folder.jpg instead of *.jpg in settings it should work. If it does not, it needs to be fixed.
I no longer have that option under local.
Oh, sorry, I've screwed it up when moving MPD root dir setting to be per-prile, already fixed in git
Thanks, it works now although the setting appears under allmusic.com and not under local.
Can it make MPD stop when playing a movie for instance? And resume when stopping the movie? That would be truly awesome!
adelias Wrote:Thanks, it works now although the setting appears under allmusic.com and not under local.
Hmm .. I shouldn't have drunk so much yesterday :-)
lzoubek Wrote:btw.. if you use 2 MPD servers with different databases, why don't you share music among both?

Some feedback. I'm excited about this - I just had to tell someone..

I was using two instances of MPD to allow me to play both multichannel and/or hi-rez audio via one ALSA pcm output (5.1), and stereo (CD quality) to another ALSA pcm output so that I could enjoy stereo over 4 speakers (4.0). Your comments above got me thinking about a way to use a single instance of the MPD server to play all formats to all outputs. I found a patch for MPD by someone named 'Ciaby' on the MPD forum that makes MPD pass format info to the next program in the chain. Using the MPD 'pipe' output and a script to filter format info to Ecasound to pipe the raw pcm audio, I now have one single library & one MPD server to play all formats to any ALSA output I choose. I can now play 5.1, 4.1, 4.0 & 2.0 audio without any transcoding or re-encoding at all. I can play all my quadraphonic stuff natively! The limitation of the ION GPU using HDMI is no longer a problem!

Woohoo! Big Grin

Thanks for giving me the idea Izoubek! (and thanks to Ciaby, whoever you are)

..oh, and to stay on topic, have you given any thought to allow for special characters in tags for album art? eg Blue Öyster Cult

Thanks! Big Grin
With regard to playing internet streams - I'm guessing the stream info is one 'tag', something like "Artist:Title:Album", but displayed as "Title" in MPDClient?

The screenshot shows how it is displayed, with a local file queued for comparison. Is this due to MPD tag formatting, or is it possible to make MPDClient display streams as 'Artist' so that are on the left side of the screen?

Thanks!
Oh, an another request. Is it possible to add an option to change the order that albums are displayed under 'Artist'. Currently they are in reverse chronological order (latest -> earliest). I would like to be able to display albums in chronological order (earliest -> latest).

Thanks!
While i definitely applaud the effort, i feel that a separate mpd solution with it's own interface is not the way to go. XBMC already has pretty decent music functionality (with now playing widgets, scrapers etc), which various skins hook in to, so this feels like a duplication of efforts where integration should be the primary target. The current implementation refrains me from using it, even though i am a huge supporter of MPD.

Would it be at all possible to use XBMC's music backend and merely provide MPD as a different library/provider? It would certainly be a sublime solution. I have no idea whether XBMC provides some sort of plugin/hook mechanism for it's music system, but i think you will agree that for an all-purpose media station like XBMC we shouldn't rely on completely external running plugins doing 'their own thing'.

Thanks for all your work,
-lite
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MPDClient - Client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) Servers0