[RELEASE] MPDClient - Client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) Servers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iMse Offline
Could this plus Mopidy (http://www.mopidy.com/) be a better Spotify solution that doesn't require a special build of xbmc? I dont have my htpc here so I can't test it Smile
find quote
Agin Offline
iMse:
Yes MPD Client+Mopidy does work Smile

HTPC: FSC Scaleo Evi // E6400 // 2GB // N210 512MB Silent/LP // OCZ Vertex3 60GB // LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/Blu-ray drive | Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS // xbmc 12.2
XBMC Addons: Blu-ray player with MakeMKV | BBC iPlayer | Crackle | GrooveShark | Last.FM | ListenLiveEU | MPD Client | NRK | Pandora | Shoutcast | VEVO | Vimeo | YouTube
NAS: ReadyNAS 104 | ReadyNas NV+ 1GB
find quote
lzoubek Offline
Guys, what do you think about latest version (2.0.6)

Has anyone noticed it is faster (when loading artists) for larger libraries?

I've made it work with mpd 0.16.5, anyone has issues with older versions of server? I can't test it on anything but 0.16
find quote
belrik Offline
Is it possible for this plugin to list music in the same style as the music section, using the assigned skin?

I'd like to use this but at present the navigation is very hard for large libraries and as the "music" items aren't shown as a library to XMBC, XBMC cannot retrieve metadata on them.

I'm thinking of something similar to what PleXBMC managed to do, where the app integrated closely to XBMC's look and feel.
find quote
lzoubek Offline
(2012-09-10 18:18)belrik Wrote:  Is it possible for this plugin to list music in the same style as the music section, using the assigned skin?

I'd like to use this but at present the navigation is very hard for large libraries and as the "music" items aren't shown as a library to XMBC, XBMC cannot retrieve metadata on them.

I'm thinking of something similar to what PleXBMC managed to do, where the app integrated closely to XBMC's look and feel.
Hi I have a plan to rewrite client using and ortinary audio addon API, so it would be skin-independent, unfortunately I am quite busy and do not have enough time to do that
find quote
joelones Offline
Sorry if I missed it in this thread, but is there a way to prevent the shutdown / suspend process from happening while listening to music with mpd?

Perhaps triggering the "Inhibit idle shutdown" during playback?

EDIT: nevermind i hacked something together in your code using xbmc-send
(This post was last modified: 2013-10-29 16:21 by joelones.)
find quote