"Lost" all movie information
Ok so here is/was my setup:

Acer Revo running XBMC live, streaming media from my home computer on Windows XP.

Everything was working 100% fine, but I had to go be an ass and update my computer from XP to Windows 7 Ultimate.

Now, my Win7 computer name was different, so my shares werent working, so I renamed my Win7 to my XP name, and the shares still werent working. I did some Win7 share tweaks to get them to be able to share, but am now running into this problem:

I "lost" all the movie information for all my movies (about 130). I re-did my shares and now XBMC can see my Win7 machine and all the shares, but my Library on XBMC is screwed up. I never backed it up (dumb move) because I figured that it would just rescan and use all the scraper info already in my movie folders like before.

But when I go into Movies from the main menu, there is nothing listed, until I take it out of Library mode, and then I can see my Movie shares, but no information is available (video size, movie cast, etc.) UNTIL i right click on the movie, and go to Movie Information, then press Refresh. Then if I back out of there, and go back into Movies from the main menu, any movies that I refreshed show up in Library mode.

Now, I can manually go through and do the refresh for all 130 movies, but thats very time consuming... and for my Music which had the same problem, there was a button for "Refresh Library" which did it for all my music...

so my question i guess is, how can i get my movies to go back to normal and show up in Library mode using the already scraped information in their respective foldersHuhHuh

Thanks!!!
'Update Library'?
Hitcher Wrote:'Update Library'?

Ok, well, normally Id post a smart ass reply here, BUT, since im the idiot and the newbie, i cant... so, I did try the Update Library button, in the Settings part, and in the Movies part, which I believe is, "Scan for New Content", neither of which do anything IIRC.

Edit: Im at work so I cant really test anything atm, Ill just recall from memory what I tried and what I saw...

PS. Im a network administrator so Ive got a lot of computer backround knowledge...

THANKS!!
You might need to reset the Content type on the Movies folder then.
Hitcher Wrote:You might need to reset the Content type on the Movies folder then.

Yah I did that when I re-added the SMB path to my Home Computer share!! Stare
might need to delete your video database file in your userdata folder and shares and start from scratch?

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:might need to delete your video database file in your userdata folder and shares and start from scratch?

-=Jason=-

Ok yah I was poking around in there, is it just the .db file in there??
Hmm I have another Idea...

what is the easiest way to reload EVERYTHING, without wiping the systemHuh The Revos dont have CD players so I had to use a removable HD to install XBMC Live, which I do not have anymore, and the USB devices werent working...

Can I just FTP in and replace all the files with a downloaded copy? Or is there a reset all settings button somewheres??

Thanks!!
If you want to nuke the database only remove the MyVideos34.db.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
It means that you have not backed up your video database. Else it wouldn't be empty in library view. You can do a "Scan for new content" in the file view on the source that you want.
alshain Wrote:It means that you have not backed up your video database. Else it wouldn't be empty in library view. You can do a "Scan for new content" in the file view on the source that you want.

Yah I did that, but it doesnt update the Library View!!!
To reset EVERYTHING you might want to remove the entire xbmc home folder. If it's just the viewstates and settings remove guisettings.xml.

Needed files will be re-created on first app start.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:To reset EVERYTHING you might want to remove the entire xbmc home folder. If it's just the viewstates and settings remove guisettings.xml.

Needed files will be re-created on first app start.

Ok ill try this! im sick of f**king with it

EDIT: what is the home folder??

EDIT 2: I think i found it... root home??
EDIT: not sure but this is in my home directory

/home/username/.xbmc

-=Jason=-
konsept Wrote:Ok ill try this! im sick of f**king with it

EDIT: what is the home folder??

EDIT 2: I think i found it... root home??

Ok, I renamed it, rebooted and got a brand new spankin XBMC,...

so i went into Movies, added my source: SMB://Home-PC/Movies/

and it listed all of my movies, but in folder view (if i select a movie folder, it digs down into the folder and shows me the movie.. EG: 300.mp4)

so i set it to library mode and nothing shows up... so then i right clicked on my 300 folder, and did "movie information" and clicked "refresh" and it refreshed it, then went back into library mode, and it now shows "300" correctly...

THOUGHTSHuh??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Lost" all movie information0