Nightly builds
Hi all,

Im a newbie so please be gentle Smile

I have installed XBMC on my Apple TV and everything runs great. I am wanting to run the reFocus skin but it crashes when I try to enter any menu option more than 2 deep. I then read that reFocus requires the latest nightly builds to run properly so I added the nightly build @ http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ and installed one but I am now unable to select any skins... none show up apart from the default confluence skin.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help appreciated.
mrblack Wrote:Hi all,

Im a newbie so please be gentle Smile

I have installed XBMC on my Apple TV and everything runs great. I am wanting to run the reFocus skin but it crashes when I try to enter any menu option more than 2 deep. I then read that reFocus requires the latest nightly builds to run properly so I added the nightly build @ http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ and installed one but I am now unable to select any skins... none show up apart from the default confluence skin.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Try System > Add-Ons and xbmc add-ons
TutAmongUs Wrote:Try System > Add-Ons and xbmc add-ons

I should clarify that I copied the skin files directly to the skins folder using SFTP. The skin shows up in the stable build but when going to Appearance -> Skin in the nightly build no other skins are shown.
mrblack Wrote:I should clarify that I copied the skin files directly to the skins folder using SFTP. The skin shows up in the stable build but when going to Appearance -> Skin in the nightly build no other skins are shown.

Getting a look at one of those skin makers' install scripts that the xbmc plug-in menu handles (utilizes) might hint at something that is not being done perhaps.
Please use the official nightly builds. We have no knowledge or control over what anyone else builds.

TheUni
theuni Wrote:Please use the official nightly builds. We have no knowledge or control over what anyone else builds.

TheUni

You mean the "nightly" builds, the last of which was posted in February?

I did not condone what he did, I simply told him he might be able to find out what it was that he didn't do.

I built mine and retrieve my skins the correct way. He should as well, but you do know where Linux comes from, right?
Maybe he is trying to come up with something new?

I think it is fine as is.. except for that February thing... that is... Big Grin
TutAmongUs Wrote:You mean the "nightly" builds, the last of which was posted in February?

I did not condone what he did, I simply told him he might be able to find out what it was that he didn't do.

I built mine and retrieve my skins the correct way. He should as well, but you do know where Linux comes from, right?
Maybe he is trying to come up with something new?

I think it is fine as is.. except for that February thing... that is... Big Grin

I suggest you not look at XBMC Live nightly builds, they don't run on OSX. Look under the platform you want, ie. http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly builds0