Exit from XBMC with remote?
Is it possible to exit from XBMC to frontrow just with pressing remote control button (also combination) and i do not mean reset apple tv, just exit?
illiac4 Wrote:Is it possible to exit from XBMC to frontrow just with pressing remote control button (also combination) and i do not mean reset apple tv, just exit?

No
click shutdown on the main menu of xbmc, and when the popup comes up asking for exit, shutdown, restart, choose shutdown and it'll spit you back to frontrow...

unless you're thinking a one button solution, in which case... dunno
I get freezes trying to load a movie (sometimes) over WLAN - so the likely answer for escaping a freeze is to cycle the power (which is what I've been doing).

I'll sometimes need to cycle power on the remote hard disc as well.

If I remember correctly, I've also found that if one holds Menu and Down, eventually a RESET for the Apple TV may come up as an alternative to cycling the power. Just be careful to not RESTORE.

The Apple TV lacking a power switch, and no IR power command is a PITA. I've jury rigged mine with a Christmas tree type on/off rocker switch on a cord since I do not like to leave it on (since it gets sooooo HOT even on standby).
igirl Wrote:I get freezes tying to load a movie (sometimes) over WLAN - so the likely answer for escaping a freeze is to cycle the power (which is what I've been doing).

I'll sometimes need to cycle power on the remote hard disc as well.

If I remember correctly, I've also found that if one holds Menu and Down, eventually a RESET for the Apple TV may come up as an alternative to cycling the power. Just be careful to not RESTORE.

The Apple TV lacking a power switch, and no IR power command is a PITA. I've jury rigged mine with a Christmas tree type on/off rocker switch on a cord since I do not like to leave it on (since it gets sooooo HOT even on standby).

LOL, I use that force reboot all the time, work in both atv(osx) and atv(linux) because the IR controller is coded to look for that specific sequence and toggle a reset.
Didn't it used to be 'menu menu play play' or something similar.
garyi Wrote:Didn't it used to be 'menu menu play play' or something similar.

Nope, It's always been "hold Menu and Down buttons" down.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exit from XBMC with remote?0