• 8(current)
Bluetooth TiVo Slide Remote with QWERTY keyboard / keypad finally goes retail
(2014-01-08, 22:55)LakersFan Wrote: So do you know what we need to order in order to get the USB RF dongle included?

Order the Slide Pro for the Premier / Mini - that one comes with the dongle. The Roamio version does not because the Roamio has RF built-in.

(2014-01-08, 23:27)ozkhan1 Wrote: Slide pro is not Bluetooth, is it? It looks like its RF only.

Correct it's RF.

As an update, I just got a second Slide Pro today, but this time I ordered the Premier version to get the RF dongle (the other is being used with my Roamio). Set up is much easier than BT because it's treated as a keyboard and it works immediately upon boot without any down time.

Setup for the Slide Pro is similar to for the Slide. The main difference (assuming you're following the wiki guide) is that the model_id is now 1203 instead of 1201.

The scan codes appear to be the same. I was able to reuse the tivo-slide keymaps file that I made for my Slide Pro.
Excellent information, thank you eisenb11!
I just got a Tivo Slide Pro. It's quite nice, and works great on Ubuntu 13.10. Only a few buttons don't work like thumbs up/down, Live TV, and Tivo. I think this is some software problem in the Linux kernel. The other keys work over RF even volume, power, etc and send appropriate key codes. I don't use any IR so I haven't tested that.

Yes, it is pretty much instant on, there is not really any delay. The range is good, I tried it a few rooms away through three walls and it worked fine. The backlighting is nice, feels good in the hand, if a bit heavy. The keyboard part can do some symbols and things and is great for searching in XBMC, but don't expect to use it on a terminal or anything.

The only button that is non-intuitive is the stop button, which is mapped to the slow-mo on the remote. Maybe I'll try to paint a square symbol on the remote button. Tongue

With the newer Ubuntu the keymaps are now in /etc/udev/hwdb.d. Here is my udev keymap "95-tivoslide.hwdb":
Code:
keyboard:usb:v150Ap1203*
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C0041=enter        #SELECT
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C0046=backspace    #BACK
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C0069=f2           #C (RED)
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C006A=f3           #D (GREEN)
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C006B=f4           #B (BLUE)
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C006C=f5           #A (YELLOW)
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C006D=z            #ZOOM
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C0082=f7           #INPUT
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C0083=enter        #ENTER/LAST
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C008D=home         #GUIDE
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C009C=pageup       #CHUP
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C009D=pagedown     #CHDN
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C00B3=fastforward  #FASTFORWARD
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C00B4=rewind       #REWIND
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C00F5=stopcd       #SLOW
KEYBOARD_KEY_0C0209=i            #INFO

This isn't the final version, I'll probably be tweaking it here and there.
Question from a tivo newbie. The slide pro advertising says
Quote: One remote does it all: control power, input, volume and mute of your TV and/or audio receiver.

Does this function to control other devices work via IR?

Also how do these things work when there is more than one in the house? Do they pair to a specific reciever, and how does one go about pairing and unpairing in linux?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-01-05, 23:31)organgtool Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 20:55)eisenb11 Wrote: Has anyone tried a Slide Pro yet? I have one here, but I have a Roamio so they didn't send me the USB RF dongle when I ordered it.
I got the Slide Pro working in XBMC on Linux. I followed the excellent XBMC documentation with one exception: in the step that says to modify the file /etc/udev/rules.d/95-keymap.rules I used the value 1203 instead of 1201 for the ID_MODEL_ID value. After reboot, the new mappings worked perfectly.

You should add that to the xbmc wiki .
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
As the author of the original Slide wiki, it would be great if someone would either update it to support the Slide Pro, or create a new page for Slide Pro. It's way easier for new users to find the most up to date information on the wiki, compared to scouring the 12 pages (and counting) of this thread. I would do it myself, but I spent $1000 last year experimenting with remotes after my Slide was destroyed, and my wife will shoot laser beams through my skull if I purchase any more remotes Sad When our Harmony 900 dies, I'm jumping back to the Slide Pro!
OK I answered my earlier question by reading the thread and the wiki page. Silly me.

Does anyone know how to purchase a Slide Pro outside the US - specifically in New Zealand? tivo.com only seems to ship to the US.

The NZ tivo shop directs you to the Australian shop.

The Australian shop only sells one thing, and it ain't the slide pro. https://shop.mytivo.com.au/online/nz
Ok guys, I finally bought this remote last week and should be deliveried at the end of this week. I have a windows 7 machine running frodo 12.3. What is the best way to detect what the key codes are on the Tivo remote with windows so I can't map them correctly in keyboard.xml?

Is there a specific piece of software i should use?
Thinking of getting this one myself, although the PS3 Bluetooth remote is working quite well (but lacking backlight, obviously). Is there a way to re-route the input in the same way that bdremote does with LIRC (i.e, to make sure that only XBMC receives the remote keys when other apps have focus?)

I run a separate screen/desktop on the system where XBMC is running (dual-head), so it's always running in the background on the second screen.
ok guys I have my remote in almost a 100% configured. My current HTPC Setup consists of Windows 7 64-bit with Eventghost and XBMC Gotham Beta 1. I have been able to map almost every button in eventghost and got the remote working great with XBMC when control the computer from a sizable distance. The remote shows up as 11 different drivers in Eventghost which I sepecify them as Generic HID drivers. The problem I am running into as asked on the eventghost forum is that two drivers report errors when trying to load. The error is "report length must not be of zero for device". From what I can tell, these two drivers read the button presses for the numpad and the select button on the keybaord side of the remote. Does any body know how I can get this resolved so I can use those buttons with custom mapping in Eventghost.

The other weird thing I have seen with specifically two buttons, The guide button and the search button, is that windows automatically responds to these buttons when pressed. When the guide buttonis pressed windows automatically launches WMC in the EPG view, which is awesome, but I am trying to use the Live TV functionality in XBMC via the ServerWMC plugin. The search button will automatically lunach windows search in explorer. Is there a way I can prevent windows from launching these applications when the button is pressed so I can map them to only XBMC action when XBMC is launched and is the focused window?

Overall I am very happy with this remote other than those few quirks. It is very usable for me right now, but I want full control over what action executes when I use it with the HTPC.
Hello folks,
I have Openelec (Gotham beta4 version) on Raspberry Pi. I would like to configure the new TIVO slide pro on it. I connected the USB dongle and paired the remote with it. It works right off the bat. A lot of keys work, so I can go up and down, etc. However, the "SELECT" key, which is the main key I would use for selecting my choices, does *NOT* work Sad

I have tried to follow the instructions on wiki however, Gotham does not have those files in those folders. I have created the keymap.xml file and placed it under /storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps folder. But I think I need to map the keys and I cannot find the folder where to put them.

It would be great if someone could give me any suggestions or update the wiki. It would be a great help to everyone using Openelec.

Here is the wiki I tried to follow: TiVo_Slide on XBMC

I cannot find the file: /etc/udev/rules.d/95-keymap.rules in Openelec Gotham beta 4 revision.

Thanks,
For all those who use the Tivo Slide Pro on windows birdapi has created a EvenGhost plugin that works with it. I haven't tried it out yet but will tonight when I get home from work. Hopefully it allows me to remove all the hacks I created in Eventghost to get certain buttons working correctly.
I just got one of these remotes, they are indeed really nice. I had a little trouble getting it to work on Arch Linux using the instructions in this thread. After playing around with the udev hwdb file I found I needed to change it slightly for it to work correctly. Basically the scan codes had to be lower case and not upper case and there seemed to be a need for a single space before each entry. Not sure for other distro's but it worked great for me on Arch.

Code:
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0041=enter        #SELECT
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0046=backspace    #BACK
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0069=f2           #C (RED)
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c006a=f3           #D (GREEN)
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c006b=f4           #B (BLUE)
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c006c=f5           #A (YELLOW)
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c006d=z            #ZOOM
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0082=f7           #INPUT
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0083=enter        #ENTER/LAST
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c008d=home         #GUIDE
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c009c=pageup       #CHUP
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c009d=pagedown     #CHDN
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c00b3=fastforward  #FASTFORWARD
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c00b4=rewind       #REWIND
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c00f5=stopcd       #SLOW
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0209=i            #INFO

That is my file. Once completed you need to run:
Code:
udevadm hwdb --update

And then reboot for changes to take effect.

Hope this helps anyone else having trouble. :-)

Hmmm the #code command doesn't seem to want to insert spaces on each line. Maybe that is why they didn't show up above either.

Kevin
Thanks for the information–I am considering the Tivo Slide Pro myself.

I assume that XBMC has to have window focus for this to work? Since I am using a multi-screen setup I need some way to intercept the keypresses and pass it on to XBMC (which currently is what I'm doing in a bdremoteng + LIRC configuration)

It works quite well, with the exception that the XBMC GUI occasionally 'goes insane' with keypresses (i.e, a feedback-loop). Never happens when a movie is being watched, though, which I find extremely curious.

btw–what is the range like on the Tivo Slide Pro? In my current bluetooth setup the XBMC machine is sitting in an adjacent room.

Also, how do you handle other keys that aren't defined in the hwdb file? Do the 'Audio', 'Subtitle' and Play/Pause keys work out-of-the-box?
Hello folks,

Unfortunately no luck for me yet. I have Openelec 4.04 version. I created the file 99-tivoslide.hwdb in the folder /storage/.config/hwdb.d/99-tivoslide.hwdb

These are the contents of the file:

Code:
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0041=enter #SELECT
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0046=backspace #BACK
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0069=f2 #C (RED)
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c006a=f3 #D (GREEN)
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c006b=f4 #B (BLUE)
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c006c=f5 #A (YELLOW)
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c006d=z #ZOOM
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0082=f7 #INPUT
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0083=enter #ENTER/LAST
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c008d=home #GUIDE
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c009c=pageup #CHUP
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c009d=pagedown #CHDN
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c00b3=fastforward #FASTFORWARD
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c00b4=rewind #REWIND
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c00f5=stopcd #SLOW
KEYBOARD_KEY_0c0209=i #INFO

Then I ran the following command:
udevadm hwdb --update

And rebooted the RasPi.

No go Sad So what steps am I missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluetooth TiVo Slide Remote with QWERTY keyboard / keypad finally goes retail3