Files in Library not actually deleting
Hi.

I'm on an imac 27"
running os x 10.6
8gb ram

running dharma

in the options i have clicked the box to "allow file renaming and deletion"

however when i right click on a file to delete it, it asks me to confirm it, and says it deletes it, but then when i close xbmc and go to that dir, its still there...then it will load the movie or tv show info when i restart xbmc...

i have tried the "clean library" feature as well...but they are still there

any other suggestions?

thanks for reading.
Chris Ryan Wrote:Hi.

I'm on an imac 27"
running os x 10.6
8gb ram

running dharma

in the options i have clicked the box to "allow file renaming and deletion"

however when i right click on a file to delete it, it asks me to confirm it, and says it deletes it, but then when i close xbmc and go to that dir, its still there...then it will load the movie or tv show info when i restart xbmc...

i have tried the "clean library" feature as well...but they are still there

any other suggestions?

thanks for reading.

check that you have given the account that xbmc is running under permissions to delete at the OS level.
Hi Davilla...

Can you give me instructions on how to check that...i'm a mac AND XBMC newbie.

thank you.
  • Log onto your Mac as the user you're using to run XBMC
  • Try to delete the file from a Finder window

If you can't delete the file from Finder, then your problem lies outside of XBMC. Call up a Get Info window (File / Get Info) from Finder. and check your permissions (read only? Read and write?).
i can delete the files manuallly outside of xbmc with no problems, this is exactly what i have been doing to clean up the library, since its not working within xbmc...and other ideas?
With Dharma beta 2 on my ATV I can never get the option to delete a file. If I hold the play button it goes and looks for metadata. Is there some way, using either Apple remote, to get a delete option? I have enabled deletion in the preferences. This is ATV-OSX with the Crystal HD card (old one).

philip
ok, so i've been playing around with this a little and have realized that if i am in "library" mode, the files won't delete, but if i turn that feature off, and just have it listing the files, they will delete from the harddrive if i delete them within xbmc

make any sense ?
Chris Ryan Wrote:make any sense ?

Ah, makes sense now. You're effectively removing them from the Library but not actually deleting the file. In hindsight, does the skin you're using make it really clear, or is the text on your skin misleading? I'm pretty sure that Confluence shows something like "Remove Item From Library" which is nice and clear.
fergus, you are correct, it does say "Remove from library" when in libaray mode

when not in library mode the option says "Delete"

wierd little change, guess i'll just have to switch out of library mode if i want to actually physically delete the files from my hardrive..
Chris Ryan Wrote:fergus, you are correct, it does say "Remove from library" when in libaray mode

when not in library mode the option says "Delete"

wierd little change, guess i'll just have to switch out of library mode if i want to actually physically delete the files from my hardrive..

If I use a keyboard with XBMC on my Mini I can delete in file mode by right clicking and I get the option. However, in XBMC on my ATV or the Mini I can't get that option by only using the mouse. Holding down the play key makes it search for metadata. It there some kind of special key combination on the remote that you have to press in order to get the Delete option?

philip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files in Library not actually deleting0