2 Films Not Scraping
Hi guys, new to XBMC just installed last night on my Windows 7 PC. I have the latest XBMC Build Dharma r33078 and the updated Aeon65 skins using GitBash to get the updated versions easy.

So all works nice and my movies and tv shows are showing up nicely with all the trimmings, the problem I have is with two movies it was 3 but I corrected the naming of the film to get the correct info.

The two movies that are causing the problem are...

FILM - Heat (1995)
FILE NAME - Heat.mpg
FILM - The Proposal (2009)
FILE NAME - The Proposal.mpg

Heat is coming up as an Andy Warhol film and The Proposal is coming up as a film from 1999. Is there an easy fix for this that I can’t think of.

Thanks Big Grin
On the films that aren't correct bring up info with the "i" on your keyboard then select refresh/reload you should then get a list of films for you to select the correct one, I would set IMDb as the default scraper

If its not in the list then create an nfo file and put the URL to the correct movie on IMDb inside then put that nfo in with the movie and refresh again, nfo should be named movie.nfo if your movies are in their own folders

So movie.nfo for heat would just contain

Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113277/

Don't forget xbmc also has a pretty good wiki Smile
>>X<<' Wrote:On the films that aren't correct bring up info with the "i" on your keyboard then select refresh/reload you should then get a list of films for you to select the correct one, I would set IMDb as the default scraper

If its not in the list then create an nfo file and put the URL to the correct movie on IMDb inside then put that nfo in with the movie and refresh again, nfo should be named movie.nfo if your movies are in their own folders

Code:

Thank you I will do this when I get home, I have been reading the wiki but still couldn't figure out the answer to my problem.
Yes you would need to give it exactly the same name as the movie if all your movies are in the same directory

But your probably find just using refresh will do the job without using an nfo as its not scraping the wrong movie its just picking the wrong year of a movie with the same name
>>X<<' Wrote:Yes you would need to give it exactly the same name as the movie if all your movies are in the same directory

But your probably find just using refresh will do the job without using an nfo as its not scraping the wrong movie its just picking the wrong year of a movie with the same name

Thank you! Big Grin Look forward to using XBMC fully on my TV, at moment it's just been setup and used on PC to make sure it all works.

Big Grin
There are external scrapers as well like Ember Media Manager that add artwork and nfo's along with your media which gives you more control over your artwork thought I'd mention it as your using a version of Aeon which also supports extrathumbs along with a few other skins, if you want extrathumbs your need each movie in its own folder and Ember can also do this for you

If you use ember just select one image for poster and fanart and one file for nfo you don't need loads of versions of the same image I only have movie.tbn, fanart.jpg and movie.nfo

Your also need to rebuild your library if you decide to use ember
>>X<<' Wrote:There are external scrapers as well like Ember Media Manager that add artwork and nfo's along with your media which gives you more control over your artwork thought I'd mention it as your using a version of Aeon which also supports extrathumbs along with a few other skins, if you want extrathumbs your need each movie in its own folder and Ember can also do this for you

If you use ember just select one image for poster and fanart and one file for nfo you don't need loads of versions of the same image I only have movie.tbn, fanart.jpg and movie.nfo

Your also need to rebuild your library if you decide to use ember

Thank you, that sounds great, I like to have some control over what displays so this could well be for me!!

I will look into this all tonight!! Nod

EDIT: All working perfectly, now time to start ripping my TV shows to the external for easy viewing... Now where to start!!
>>X<<' Wrote:On the films that aren't correct bring up info with the "i" on your keyboard then select refresh/reload you should then get a list of films for you to select the correct one, I would set IMDb as the default scraper

Code:

OMFG

I've renamed about the half of all my films (+500) because i was getting some scraping problems... i had no idea about that "i key function" Angry

Thanks for the tip mate Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Films Not Scraping0